Is Radiesse permanent for some people?

I had radiesse injected into my chin 3 months ago. There is no sign of it dissolving since then, and I'm afraid it may be permanent. Is it possible that Radiesse is permanent for some people?

Is #Radiesse permanent

+2

No...the Radiesse will break up and be absorbed by your body over a period of time; usually between about six months and 18 months, depending on that amount that was injected and individual characteristics of your body.  Three months is well before most of it should be gone so it makes sense that you still are aware of it.  Fortunately, though, it is not a permanent implant.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Is Radiesse permanent for some people?

+2

Your body will metabolize Radiesse, this filler is one of the thickest products and tends to last longer then other fillers.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Is Radiesse permanent?

+2

Radiesse is not exactly a filler but is a stimulator of your own collagen which then acts to volumize tissue in a gradual, progressive, and predictable manner. Radiesse is comprised of calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water-based gel. The calcium particles act as a scaffold for new collagen formation around the microspheres. This fixes the particles in place discouraging migration. The gel carrier causes immediate correction and, for three to four months, is gradually absorbed and replaced by your own collagen. The results from Radiesse typically last 12 to 15 months.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse for chin augmentation

+2

While Radiesse can last a long time in the chin region (1-2 years), it will not be permanent. It is still a temporary filler that will dissolve over time.

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon