Six Weeks After Breast Revision and Really Unhappy with the Results--does This Look Normal? (photo)

Unhappy after Revisionary Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+3

Thanks for the question and pictures, but it is difficult to answer the question regarding “normalcy”. I think you will be best off communicating your concerns with your plastic surgeon in a calm/constructive fashion. Explain exactly what you find makes you “unhappy” about the results of the breast revisionary surgery.  For example, if the current breast asymmetry is the major concern, further surgery to improve the breast symmetry may be helpful/necessary.  Exactly what is recommended to you will depend on exactly what your concerns and goals are.

For more precise advice online, please consider submitting  frontal and side view before and after pictures ( without clothing).

Breast asymmetry can definitely be corrected.

+2

Hi.

1)  Just going by pictures, the right breast is larger, and the right nipple points towards the arm. These issues will probably not improve on their own.

2)  I would wait about four months and then get another opinion.  What can be done depends in part on what has been done already.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Appearance of Breasts Six Weeks After Revision

+2

You do have some size asymmetry with the right breast being obviously larger than the left. It is very difficult to say what is "normal" without knowing if for example,  you started with a major asymmetry pre operatively.

I think you should talk to your surgeon, and discuss how he/she may have "missed the mark" in terms of meeting your expectations.

Assuming the size asymmetry is your major concern, you will likely need revisional surgery to correct this. Best of luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

Breast asymmetry after implant revision

+2

You seem to have some breast asymmetry. Without knowing what you looked like before, it is unclear if this asymmetry existed prior to your revision surgery. Also, we have no idea what was done during your "revision."  So, you certainly have some asymmetries now, but it is unclear the cause or the treatment for it without more information. Obviously you should speak to your surgeon about this, as none of us what asymmetric results or unhappy patients.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Early asymmetry after implant revision

+1

It appears that your left inframammary crease is lower than the right side and this is leading to your asymmertry.  It would be nice to see your pre operative photos for comparison.  Since you are so early after the revision surgery I would give it time.   If this asymmetry does not resolve then a revision may be necessary.  

Correction Of Post Operative Asymmetry

+1

Judging from the pictures provided you appear to have a discrepancy in the size of the breasts and the position of the nipple areolar complex. However it is of upmost importance that, "you" the patient, are able to express exactly what it is that is bothersome about the results.

If another revision by the same surgeon is not a possibility it would be important that your new surgeon have as much information as possible. This would include pre-operative pictures and operative notes from both procedures. What will be recommended to you will be dependent on a thorough in-person exam, review of the aforementioned documentation, and a discussion of your goals and expectations.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Normal after Breast Augmentation

+1

I think your right breast is larger than the left after your revision - but I do think you look "normal"... it depends on what really bothers you!  It is so frustrating to spend time, money, and recovery to an augmentation and then a revision... but I do think you can achieve the look you want.  It may require further surgery but it can be done.  Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Six Weeks After Breast Revision and Really Unhappy with the Results--does This Look Normal?

+1

The posted photos serve as very little help due to your clothing and type of views you posted. Best to seek in person second opinions from boarded PSs in NYC. 

Persistent Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation

+1

Clearly by your photos, you are uneven.  This is correctable and you should address this with your surgeon.  It is possible as things settle and swelling resolves that everything will be acceptable.  If at 12 weeks the breasts are not better, then I would discuss with your surgeon what plan for revision he proposes.  However, if he is unwilling or you don't have confidence that he can correct the unevenness, then you should seek a second opinion.  Make sure you seek out a surgeon with extensive experience in revisional surgery and bring your records with you.  Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Without knowing what you looked like before surgery, it is difficult to comment. You definitely have some asymmetry.