Swelling Between Eyebrows, What Do You Think? (photo)

Hi! I had a closed rhinoplasty 7 days ago and now I have hard cyst-like, pea-sized swelling in between my eyebrows and running along the side ridges to my nose. I look like an alien from an 80's sitcom. I asked my DR and he said that sometimes the file can hit that area and cause that swelling. The swelling almost feels like bone, but I know the area wasn't touched. I have done some light massage with Arnica. I am not happy with my nose (firstly), and I think the swelling plays a key role.

Swelling between eyebrows after Rhinoplasty

+2

One week is very early after any rhinoplasty, open or closed. Only about 80% of the swelling resolves within 1 month, with the residual swelling taking a year or longer to improve. The bridge, tip, or combination can feel stiff immediately after surgery. The stiffness is usually from swelling, but may also be cartilage or bone, depending on the specific techniques of your plastic surgeon. Speak with your plastic surgeon regarding these or any concerns, and make sure to follow his/her care instructions. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can he/she help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and swelling after surgery

+2

Dear droopybrows,

1. This is completely normal 1 week after surgery
  2. You look pretty bruised and the muscles that connect the nose and forehead could be swollen causing this issue
  3. By next week, it will be much better and even better in a month

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Recovery time

+2

Post surgery is never fun. Swelling, bruising, and pain after rhinoplasty can be depressing but give it some time and you will have an amazing result. Try to relax as this will pass and you can get out and show off your new nose.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+2

Every patient reacts differently to surgery. You are extremely swollen and should see a lot of change in another month or so. It's hard but be positive and patient it's going to get much better.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty swelling

+1

You are only 7 days from your surgery.   What you see now will be totally different in a month.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Nasal Swelling!

+1

Open rhinoplasty has swelling for a minimum of 6 months! You are only 1 week! So discuss again with your surgeon the time frame for swelling/ 

Need more time for swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty

+1

Most if not all of your problems are due to swelling a bruising.  You are way to early to judge the final result of your surgery.  Given time you should get a nice result.  

Seven days after rhinoplasty too early to worry about contour issues.

+1

There is no guarantee that your observation will not be an issue later on, but it is much too early to worry about it. By the Way, arnica is of no use.

Swelling Between Eyebrows, What Do You Think?

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA