Small Round Fleshy Mass Inside Nostril Obstructing Breathing. Having Panic Attacks?

I had Rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago today. I have a small round fleshy mass inside the upper side of my nostril (the one they went in to make the incision). It is driving me insane. I can't breathe and have been having anxiety attacks over it and had to go on VALIUM!!! Today is my 3 week follow up. I do go every week and the dr said I'm progressing as I should but I'm still concerned that this is not normal. Please answer I am desperate for some peace of mind. Thank you anyone, who can help me!

Recovery after Rhinoplasty

+1

Without more details or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice. However, if there is something obstructing airflow after surgery it is likely some swelling, the sutures or some mucosa along the incision as you describe.  If you are not able to communicate with your surgeon, perhaps try discussing with his or her nurse or office staff.  If all communication has broken down between you and your surgeon, they should be able to give you a referral for someone else.  However, this seems like something that you and your surgeon can figure out.

Good luck.

You need to chill out

+1

Why ask people who have never seen you and don't know what you have, you need to trust someone, and if you don't trust your operating surgeon, you made a big mistake.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD