Setroplasty 3 Months Ago, and Have a Pea Size Bump on Bridge of Nose?

Hi everyone, so 3 months ago I had rhino/setroplasty performed and now I have a (non visible) pea sized bump on the bridge of my nose that I never had before surgery. My nose was always straight and flat, but now I can feel a bump that was never there. Does anyone know what this could be? My doctor mentioned an injection, but didn't say exactly what it was. Should I be worried that as swelling subsides the lump will show? My nose also looks no different than before surgery..

Bump After Septoplasty

+1

The bridge of your nose should likely not be affected by a septoplasty. I would discuss the matter again with your surgeon. If you are not comfortable, I would seek a second opinion. I would hold off injecting with steroids until a clear explanation has been obtained.

Too early

+1

Hello. At three months you are far from your final result. It is common for patients to be worried about the outcome of rhinoplasty surgery early on but many of these concerns can be attributed to swelling. Over the next year you will see many improvements in the appearance of your nose.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD