Had Rhino 6 Days Ago, Surgeon Rotated Cartilage Tip Upwards but Tip Looks More Droopy Than Before?

is this normal? Will it go down? or stay the same/become more droopy?

Droopy tip following surgery

+1

6 days is too soon to assess the final result of your surgery. It would be best to give it some time and see how you heal. It can take 18-24 months before the final result of surgery is evident. Your surgeon should be able to address any post-operative concerns you have at this time. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Early changes and disappointment with rhinoplasty surgery - give it time

+1

You are very early after your rhinoplasty surgery.  If droopiness of your nasal tip was a primary concern it is likely that this was addressed at the time of your initial surgery.  Give it some some and  express your concerns to your plastic surgeon. Know that you are still very early and things will change over the next 6 months. 

Droopy tip after rhinoplasty

+1

I can not comment on your droopy tip without seeing pre or post photos of your rhinoplasty.  Sorry about that.

Tip More Droopy than Before after Rhinoplasty at 6 Days

+1

So difficult to comment on this without knowing more about what was done and examining you or pictures.  The tip should not look more droopy after rhinoplasty.  Perhaps, there is something else going here. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Droopy tip after rhinoplasty

+1

This is one of the questions that would best be answered by your surgeon.  It is hard to comment on your situation without photos.  Six days after surgery is very early and you should address your concerns with your surgeon. 

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip rotation tends to diminish after swelling

+1

A slight over rotation of the tip with swelling and taping is typical after rhinoplasty, and rotation then will diminish over the next several weeks as the swelling settles down. After six days, we cannot know just where you are in the process but if you look droopy there is a red flag.

Tip rotation

+1

At six days you cannot make any real assessment of final tip position and rotation due to swelling. Be patient and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip rotation after rhinoplasty

+1

I'm assuming your nose is still taped?  It's difficult to give you an accurate answer without pictures, but this early after surgery is too soon to observe the result.  In general, the tip will tend to drop slightly with healing.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD