New York Reverse Tummy Tuck Doctor Recommendation

I had bad Smart Lipo done 6 month ago. After the procedure, I have a lot of lax skin from under my breast to my belly. I think I need reverse Tummy Tuck. I can't find a doctor in New York area to perform the surgery. Please help.

Reverse tummy tucks are bad

+2

The scar from a reverse tummy tuck can be awful and it is permanent. The reason you can't find someone to do it is because good surgeons have learned that this is not in the best interest of their patients.

I am very sorry your Smartlipo results didn't work out. I truly wish the other patients out there would listen to your experience and realize that Smartlipo is not magic and is often done by non-plastic surgeons. Unfortunately, your problem is uncorrectable.

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point for qualified board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. Babak Mehrara and Dr. Barry Goldenberg are possibilities. It is a not a common procedure so you may need to consult 5 - 6 surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

SmartLipo - "bad results"

+1

It is unfortunate that physicians attack the SmartLipo as the cause of post operative problems when it is really the surgeon who does the procedure. It is true that there are many physicians doing SmartLipo who are not board certified plastic surgeons and have very little experience in body contouring in general, to include the surgical and non surgical (various forms of liposuction) alternatives. Cynosure, the makers of SmartLipo technology will sell the machine to any physician regardless of their background training/certification. I have seen many patients with poorly performed traditional liposuction techniques as well as laser assisted lipo techniques, and have success in some with "revising" or touching-up their problems. The best chance you have to correct a problem is the first time it is "attacked" but that doesn't mean there is nothing that can be done. You should seek an examination and advice from a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed all modes of body sculpting and contouring, to include SmartLipo and other laser assisted technologies. He/she can then advise you as to what can be done and how much improvement to expect. DO NOT do a "reverse tummy tuck"!

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

I would do a standard abdominoplasty

+1

Reverse abdominoplasties leave a bad scar.  However, a standard abdominoplasty could well improve your lax skin problem.  It is a little difficult to tell from the picture exactly how much skin is in the upper abdomen, but I would think a standard abdominoplasty is the right procedure in this situation.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD