Am I required to stay a week after receiving a procedure like BBL, tummy tuck or lipo?

Recovery time after a body makeover surgery

+2
Hello! All the surgeries you have mentioned would involve a lesser downtime if done individually & a significant downtime if done together. Most patients prefer to do the procedures together due to various reasons and it make a lot of sense to do so. However, safety & post op recovery, with nursing care are paramount to the eventual outcome of the surgery. We even recommend the patients undergoing extensive surgeries to stay at the clinic for their entire stay as nursing care goes a long way in the post op recovery. 

I recommend my out of town patients to plan a stay of at least 10-14 days post op, depending on the extent of the surgery they plan to undergo, so that they can recuperate, and can be followed up, by their doctor  when they need him the most. All the best!

India Plastic Surgeon

Length of stay after a BBL, Lipo, and TT

+1
This is a very good question. In my practice I would like to see the patient stay around for at least a week to 10 days after surgery. I understand that there is an expense associated with travel, and hotels. The bottom line this real serious surgery and there should be close follow up for at least a week.That's not to say that things can not happen after that. I feel that it's hard as it is when patient are from out town. Leaving immediately after your surgery would not give us the opportunity to adequately care for you and make sure that you are the acute phase before you leave. A lot of patients choose Miami as a destination for cosmetic procedure but be aware of the empty promises of easy and speedy recoveries. Every surgery has a normal course of recovery and that can be scary for the patient. This is all new to you guys and you need your surgeon and his/ her staff to guide you through it. The majority of the time everything goes well,but you never know.  Even with all the proper precautions complication still happen. I hope this helps!

Rami Ghurani, MD

Am I required to stay a week after surgery

+1
I'm not sure if you are undergoing one or all of these procedures, therefore I will provide my general guidelines on this topic. The key issue is SAFTEY not convenience. Less invasive procedures such as focal liposuction or breast augmentation don't require as much recovery and travel back home could be safe within 3 to 5 days. However patients receiving tummy tuck, BBL, facelift or combined multiple procedures should stay in town longer to allow adequate follow up time by no one else other than their OWN surgeon. Traveling long distances too soon after larger surgical procedures can also greatly increase the risk of deep venous thrombosis (blood clots). My practice involves treating patients from many localities in the U.S. and beyond.  Prior to the procedure(s), I discuss the minimum time a patient should stay  in the area. If the patient is unable to comply with that time frame I suggest they find a surgeon located closer to their home.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

BBL and other procedures

+1
I am not sure why you would have to travel far to get a Bbl and the other procedures that you want, because there are plenty of guys in NYC who do it.  Good luck.

Buttock Augmentation and Traveling

+1
Typically this procedure is performed as an outpatient procedure. If a patient travels from out of town, our requirements is that the patient stay in the area for at lease 72 hours post-surgery. Every doctor is different in what they recommend. 

Leo Lapuerta, MD