Who to Go to for Rhinoplasty in New York and Philadelphia Area?

I want to get a Rhinoplasty to remove extra cartilage from the tip of my bulbous nose. Naturally I want THE BEST. The problem is, how do I know if a certain doctor who is rated as a top plastic surgeon is as great at Rhinoplasty as he is at Liposuction and Tummy Tucks.

I am in such a dilemma that it is beyond frustrating. Can ANYONE please please please recommend a reputed plastic surgeon who is a respected expert in Rhinoplasty (particularly in the NY/Philly area).

No "best" Rhinoplasty surgeon

+3

I don't think there is such a person who is the best at rhinoplasty. Every good surgeon will have great results and some not so great results. Every good surgeon has complications.

You should pick a surgeon you feel comfortable with and who you think can get you the results you want. The so called "best surgeons" usually get their ratings from paid public relations. Paid public relations is the same kind of marketing as advertising but it seems more legitimate to the consumer.

Choose someone you can trust and you think will do the best job.

Dr. S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Finding a good rhinoplasty surgeon

+2

You are correct in not only seeking a Board Certified Plastic or Facial Plastic surgeon, but one who does a large number of rhinoplasties, and has done them over an extended period of time. Look at the results of potential surgeons and question the demogaphics of their practice.

Criteria for choosing your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

+2

You should consult several board-certified, experienced Rhinoplasty specialists with many favorable photos. Patient testimonials are helpful as well. You should feel comfortable with your surgeon since you will need to visit him/her 5 to 6 times during the first year after your surgery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/90/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Persky's NYC Rhinoplasty Surgeon Recommendations

+2

Hi Sara,

In NYC, I would recommend Steven Pearlman MD, Geoffry Tobias, MD, Norman Pastorek, MD, Phillip Miller, MD, Minas Constantinides, MD and Thomas Romo, MD.

This is certainly not a complete list as there are many fine rhinoplasty surgeons in the NYC and Philadelphia areas to choose from. I have seen the work of the above mentioned surgeons.

I would trust my nose with all of them. It is always best to get a few consultations before your rhinoplasty.

Good luck and be well, enjoy your new nose.

Dr. P

Where To Have Rhinoplasty in NY/ Philadelphia

+1
Thanks for your interest.  It is very important to go to a doctor who does many rhinoplasty surgeries regularly.  Typically, Facial Plastic Surgeons will be the ones specializing in rhinoplasty.  Rating sites like Real Self and Vitals are a great way to identify which doctors do a lot of rhinoplasty.  Just look at the various doctor's reviews to see patient's  degree of satisfaction and if a good portion of the reviews are for rhinoplasty.  Go to the surgeon's websites and see if they can show many before and after photos.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation with computer imaging which is free of charge.  Dr. Pontell
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty in New York and Philadelphia Area

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point for a qualified board certified plastic surgeon. Dr. Aron Wahrman and Dr. Scott Brenman are possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options.

Rhinoplasty in New York - Philadelphia area

+1

Performing a Rhinoplasty (as well as other cosmetic procedures) is an art form combining medicine, surgery, aesthetics, experience and expertise. The so-called rating systems for “top” doctors have little to do with true ability and results. Rhinoplasty is a procedure that requires the greatest degree of expertise and sophistication of any cosmetic procedure.

There are a number of superb rhinoplasty surgeons in the New York - Philadelphia area. It is also important to understand that each one of these surgeons will perform the procedure in a different manner suitable to the experience and aesthetic sense of the individual surgeon. First, you need to have a good comprehensive consultation.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Rhinoplasty surgeon in New York

+1

The most important part of getting a good result from plastic surgery, is the surgeon that you choose.

In order to help you make a better decision, watch the video at the link below to learn how to pick a plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.antell-md.com/newyorkplasticsurgeon/rhinoplasty_nyc.htm

Experience counts in rhinoplasty

+1

I think that training in both ENT and Plastic Surgery works well to prepare a doctor to do good noses. Also, after speaking to the doctor, you should feel comfortable about their plan of action and you should like the photos they show you.

Nothing guarantees a perfect result but years of experience and excellent training help prepare one to do a great nose.