Uneven Lipo on Stomach? (photo)

I recently had revision stomach liposuction and the doctor took too much fat from the area around my belly button and left too much fat on my upper stomach. It actually looks like a huge crater in the middle of my stomach. I'm only a few weeks out but I can tell that this will not even out. What can be done to fix this? Is there a way to lipo my upper stomach and feather it so that there is not a severe "step off" around my belly button? Can I get fat injections to fill out the crater?

Uneven Liposuction

+1

If you had this performed by a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuctions each year, this is probably not the result of technical error.  This could be fluid or swelling, but this may be a skin laxity issue.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Swelling still present, additional fat removal and fat grafting also options

+1

Thank you for the photo.  You may still have some swelling still present so some of this may improve with time.  Correction of the area beyond swelling will be accomplished primarily by additional liposuction and feathering.  Some of this fat that is removed can be fat grafted in the areas where too much fat was removed.  The combination of all of these treatments, if done properly will help correct the area of concern.  I would encourage you to wait until the swelling has resolved in order to prevent additional problems from occurring.  

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Correction of uneven Liposuction

+1

Corrective surgery can improve deformities after liposuction but requires experience and skill.  It is best to allow for complete healing(at least 6 months) of the treated areas prior to further surgery.  A combination of fine contouring of the bulge and fat grafting to the depressed areas will likely be required for the best results.

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Lipo on Stomach?

+1

Sorry for the issues. Options are Smart Lipo "hills" of fat and fat grafts the valleys. This could take a few operations under local anesthesia. 

Lymphatic drainage massage very useful after liposuction.

+1

Hi.

1)  I would try several sessions of massage right away.  Other than that you should wait six months.  But I agree that this does not look like it will self correct.

2)  Eventually a combination of microliposuction and fat transfer will probably help.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Uneven lipo results

+1
My first reaction was that you needed more lipo below the umbilicus but photos can be deceptive. I agree that it too soon to reach conclusions and, when all the swelling has gone down, you may be fine.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Uneven results from liposuction sometimes require a revision.

+1

You are correct, it's too early to pass judgment on the results of the procedure.  Occasionally, touch-up lipo can improve a result.  Rarely, fat injections are needed if an area is overtreated but this should really not happen.