What type of laser hair removal to choose for my hair type? (photo)

Could you please advise what kind of laser hair removal (alexandrite/diode/elos, etc) would work the best on full bikini area and fit my skin/hair type (pale skin, dark blonde hair)? May be you can advise on the specific laser hair removal equipment to choose and how many sessions to be performed to achieve most permanent and least painful results? Also, do you think that home laser hair removal (tria, tanda me smooth, etc) could be performed on the bikini area by myself achieving desired results?

Laser Hair Removal

+1
The hair in the photo provided shows hair that is dark enough to be treated effectively. We use the light sheer duet and have great results with this skin/hair type.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser hair removal on dark blonde hair

+1
In order for laser hair removal to be effective, the hair must have a dark root. The image shown appears to have hair with sufficient pigment for a successful laser hair removal treatment. Light skin responds best to the Alexandrite laser (GentleLase) dark Skin responds best to the long pulsed nd:yag (GentleYag)
In order to determine if laser hair removal is right for you, schedule a consultation with a medical facility offering laser hair removal. A nurse practitioner or PA can provide an evaluation to see if you are a good candidate, and if you desire, they can even provide a complimentary spot test for you. 
Not all lasers are created equal and not all centers have the same standards. A reputable laser center will not ask for payment of a series up front, instead, they will allow you to pay as you go.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Laser hair removal choice based on hair type

+1

You would likely do fairly well with most of those lasers. The light sheer duet is particularly effective, safe, and likely causes the least amount of pain, along with being quite fast. Home laser treatment are unsatisfying for most patients.  ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser hair removal device

+1
With your fair skin and dark hair in the photo, any of the laser hair removal devices will work well.  I prefer the LightSheer DUET for its speed and comfort, but the most important factor is having your treatment with an experienced technician.  The home treatments will not give you the same results as the in-office treatments.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Laser hair removal

+1
Diode laser, Nd-YAG laser, or Alexandrite are all good options. 3-8 sessions are nedded ,  spaced at 3-8?weeks apart. After this, a "maintenance" session is needed every 6-12 months. New devices usually cause very little, or no, pain. A board-certified dermatolgist would possess the needed expertise to help with your case. 

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser hair removal on light skin and dark hair

+1

I prefer Candela's Gentle Lase for your type of hair. It is simple and painless and has excellent results. Please be sure to find an experienced board certified dermatologist for the best results. 

Michele S. Green, MD