What treatments can I seek to improve my (indented) acne scarring, enlarged pores, and oily skin? (photos)

I am a 20 year old girl who has suffered acne since she was 8 years old. While at first such acne stayed at my forehead, my acne (including painful papules/pustules, blackheads) not only got progressively worse but almost seemed to travel downwards, as its domain spread along my temple, the sides of my cheeks, along my jawline and on my upper neck. The majority of my indented and superficial (not many) scars are from when I was 13years old. What are your suggestions? e.g. PDT + Fraxel Repair?

Ematrix could be a good choice!

+1
You should have a consult with a dermatologist regarding your acne and acne scars. First you have to make sure that current cystic acne is under control, after you could do Ematrix which is great for acne scars and safe for any kind of skin. It takes a few treatments but it works.

Treatments for facial acne scars

+1
The first thing to do is make sure your active acne lesions are under control.  If you are not actively breaking out then there are multiple treatment options to consider.  A full face CO2 laser resurfacing treatment has long been considered the gold standard for acne scars.  Such a treatment has 10 days of downtime and recovery and    comes with a risk of dark discolorations in more pigmented ethnic groups.  A fractionated CO2 treatment would have less recovery, 7 days, but still the risk of darkening skin color.  A non-ablative fractionated laser treatment, such as Fraxel, would improve the scars with perhaps two days of swelling followed by mild peeling but would require multiple treatments.  The risks of darkening skin color is less but so are the gains in scar improvement.  Lastly a new treatment using the Picosure laser in the Focus mode has been shown to improve scars and is safe even in more darkly pigmented races. The Focus treatment is also repeated multiple times.  These options need to be discussed between you and your dermatologist.  After evaluating your skin type and your goals a treatment plan can be determined.  

Pamela Carr, MD
Sugar Land Dermatologic Surgeon