Can tiplasty where the surgeon made nose tip larger and carved out bigger nostrils be reversed/corrected?

I had a rhinoplasty a year ago for deviated septum where the doctor expanded the tip. I didn't have issues with breathing but through miscommunication, she expanded the tip and carved out bigger nostrils. Can a revision correct this? it looks like someone stuck a firecracker up my nose and it exploded. Tip is now under projected and nostrils are huge and flaring.

Nasal tip projection goes hand in hand with nostril (alar) shape and flaring

+1

If the tip of the nose is reduced in projection, making it closer to the face, it's like dropping a tent pole. The side walls will flare out. Restoring tip projection should help nostril shape as well. Often there are other issues that can be better pointed out during the time of a consultation.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is best to see an expert revision specialist and if you can bring your preop photos with you. Good luck.

+1

This would be difficult to evaluate without photos or an exam and knowing what was done in the first operation. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php