I'm Thinking of Having a Nose Job? (Photos)

I'm thinking of getting a nose job to reshape it and make it smaller to look more like this. Is it realistic?

Rhinoplasty can help reshape your nose and make it better fit your facial features

+2

I think that your goals are realistic based on the limited photos provided. An in-person consultation with full examination and in-office image morphing may help to make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. I recommend seeking out a few in-persone consultations before you choose your surgeon.  

One of the most important things in choosing a surgeon, assuming that you are choosing among equally qualified and capable surgeons, is choosing a surgeon who's aesthetic and opinion you trust.  Aesthetic surgery is a little bit science and a little bit art.  Inevitably, your surgeon will need to make decisions for you while you are asleep that will impact your final result, and you need be comfortable that you and your surgeon are on the same page in terms of the goals of surgery and what you consider to be a beautiful result.  I find that pre-operative imaging really helps make sure that everyone really is on the same page.

I'm Thinking of Having a Nose Job?

+2

Your tip can be made smaller with a closed rhinoplasty approach, and alar base reduction can be performed at the same time.  The nasal dorsum can be narrowed as well.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Is a nose job right for me?

+2

Dear CC,

Thank you for your question and photos.  Your nose definitely does not fit your face and a rhinoplasty will definitely improve your overall appearance.  I think your goal photos are not unrealistic.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Patients need reasonable expectations from rhinoplasty.

+2

Based on the limited pictures provided I think the expectations of the rhinoplasty are realistic. You should get a good result.

Realistic Expectations for Rhinoplasty

+1

Your expectations are reasonable but the thickness of your skin may be a limiting factor. All of this can be clarified at the time of consultation.  A full set of pictures would be helpful.

Get an inperson consultation

+1

I hate to disagree with some of my colleagues who are agreeing with your desires, but it is difficult if not impossible to change an ethic nose to a different form. You do not show your profile, but I bet you do not have much of a dorsum. You have thick skin, a wide tip. We can image your nose till we are blue in the face , but the final surgical result may not look like it. Your nose can be improved, don't expect it to look like your goal. I have been doing noses over 30  years, I have both an ENT and Plastic Surgery background and know what I am talking about.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

A small change in the nose can make a big change in the face.

+1

Hi.

It looks like the main thing about your nose are the flaring nostrils (one more than the other). And a couple of other changes.  Of course you cannot put someone else's nose on your face, but I think your model is reasonably realistic.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Realistic expectations from a rhinoplasty

+1

Thick skin will be an impediment to the surgical changes that can be obtainable with a rhinoplasty procedure. Narrowing the nostrils can be performed with an alar plasty. Narrowing the tip  and be performed  by a combination of cartilage removal and tip suturing techniques. Any nasal bridge adjustments can be performed by either adding to the  bridge line with cartilage grafting, or rasping down the hump, if it is present. Better pictures would be required before making any further judgment. For examples of what can be performed with a rhinoplasty and our Virtual Rhinoplasty App, please see our photo gallery link below.