What is the best hyaluronic acid filler for chin augmentation?

My chin is just very slightly receded, so I think an implant would be overkill. I would kill to get a filler and I would prefer to stick to the hyaluronic acid fillers since they have the best safety record. Which one should I ask for? I have heard that Juvederm voluma is really good for the cheeks, does it work on the chin too?

Chin surgery fillers

+2
I have used scultpra successfully to build up the chin. Voluma is only indicated for the cheek bone and midface.

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

#fillers #cosmeticsurgery , ways to enhance your #beauty

+1
Dear browneyed

Thank you for your question!  There are several fillers that work well for chin contouring- The filler that has been on the market the longest in Europe and Canada is Perlane, and the slightly smaller particle - Restylane.  Both with give results that last up to a year or more and are very safe. Radiesse is also a good filler for this area.  Sculptra does have a small risk of bumps due to the proximity of the muscles around the mouth.

With Warm Regards
Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Best Hyaluronic acid filler for chin augmentation

+1
 We do not recommend fillers placed in the chin, since  they are not FDA approved for that application. A small chin implant can be inserted for permanent augmentation to the chin area.  Fillers will only be temporary, at best. Chin implants are manufactured  in a variety of sizes and shapes and can be custom carved down to match the patient's expectations. For many examples, please see the links below

Best filler for Chin augmentation

+1
Nonsurgical chin augmentation can be accomplished with a variety of fillers.  The approach to augmentation usually entails placing the material deep adjacent to the bone of the jaw.  For this reason we would want to select a filler that has the material properties to withstand compression and act to augment your facial structure.   I  would recommend Radiesse or Voluma. The advantage of volume is that it is reversible with an enzyme, although it is my impression that it does not integrate as much as Radiesse.  These are off-label uses for these products.  

Arthur N. Falk, MD
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Previously, I used Radiesse to perform all injectable chin augmentation procedures. Recently, I've switched to Voluma which is a hyaluronic acid based filler. I think Voluma provides a reasonable amount of augmentation but is also moldable and reversible if needed. Chin injections are an off label area to inject as Dr. Echavez pointed out but safe in the hands of an experienced physician injector. One point to consider is that implants come in very small sizes that provide very conservative chin augmentation. Over time, fillers will cost you more and there is a slight amount of variability from injection to injection. For these reasons, I will typically only use fillers for people who want to simulate what an implant would look like prior to undergoing the actual procedure. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best hyaluronic acid filler for chin augmentation

+1
If you were going to use a filler to augment the chin, I normally would recommend Radiesse (which is not a hyaluronic acid filler), because it is a bit firmer than the hyaluronic acid fillers and usually can provide more projection.  If you wanted to stick with the hyaluronic acid fillers, I think Voluma would be a good option although it would be considered an off-label use in treating the chin.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon