How many syringes of Restylane do I need for my under eyes? (photo)

I want to inject restylane under eyes to lift the area and get rid of dark eye circles. I have fat loss in this area and also upper cheek. Will 1 syringe be enough to correct tear trough and upper cheek?

#Restylane for under eye area

+4
One syringe will make a definite improvement in contour and shadowing.  However, you are among those who have volume deficits laterally as well as medially, and it is likely that more than one syringe will be needed for full correction.  Restylane is manufactured in a more economical 2 cc syringe in addition to the1 cc syringe.

Restylane for tear troughs is usually 1-2 syringes.

+1
I will treat tear troughs using cannulas and Restylane. The maximum that I use in this area is a syringe each side which also includes medial cheek and under eye. There is swelling for a couple days and I instruct patients to sleep upright as much as possible. Belotero has less swelling as does Voluma. Can't tell how much is tight for you until I see you in person. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Restylane under eyes

+1
It is always difficult to tell from a photograph but you look like there is quite a bit of hollowing extending onto the cheek area.  In these cases I usually support the midface with a thicker product such as Radiesse or Voluma  and then inject 1 vial or Restylane in a layered fashion in order to acheive full correction.  I find this lasts longer than using 2 vials of Restylane and provides a very natural appearance.  Sometimes using Perlane and adding lidocaine to it provides the extra volume needed without resorting to 2 vials of Restylane but it is very patient specific and it is essential that you seek out a board certified physician, preferably an oculoplastic surgeon, who has extensive experience injecting in the peri-orbital area in order to minimize risks and get the most natural and long lasting results.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

How many syringes of Restylane do I need for my under eyes?

+1
Restylane is a perfect filler to give you the result you wish for, based on the photos provided, I think you can start with one syringe and see the difference it makes, you may require the 2nd syringe if you didnt see much of a difference 

Restylane under Eyes

+1
Restylane is a great treatment for under the eye area. It looks like you would need one syringe of Restylane to treat the under eye area. Remember that there may be some bruising or swelling for a few days after the procedure. For the cheek areas you may need two more syringes to correct and replace volume. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Restylane in the tear troughs for the best cosmetic results. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Filler Into the Tear Trough

+1
Filler into the tear trough does very well.  It is very difficult to assess the amount needed from this photo.  An in person consultation is needed.  Seek a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise. Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane for tear trough

+1
Often one syringe can do the trick but for some a second syringe may be necessary.  Good luck with your decision to pursue this procedure.

Restylane for lower lids

+1
I use Restylane with great success under the eyes.  You would need 1-2 syringes; I suspect that 2 will be necessary.  The one wonderful thing about filler is that, if you don't need an entire second syringe, it can be stored for you and injected at a later date. 

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Combining Volumizers For the Cheeks & Fillers For the Tear Troughs & Dark Circles Works Best For Under Eye Rejuvenation

+1
When there is loss of volume in the cheek region below the under eye area coupled with under eye problems (such as tear troughs, dark circles and hollows), simply treating the under eye area alone will often lead to suboptimal and less than gratifying results.

It is important to appreciate that the cheek area below the lower lid serves as a platform, or a buttressing foundation, if you will, for the under eye region. Loss of volume in this critical cheek region results, as seems to be the case here, in an elongation of the lower lid, flattening and sinking of the skin of the upper inner cheek, and hollows, tear troughs and dark circles directly under the eyes.

I have been nonsurgically treating this region for more than twenty years and have found, as have others, that merely addressing the lower lid, without first reinflating (revolumizing) the cheek region below, typically results in less than optimal improvement. 

A nonsurgical mid-face rejuvenation with a volumizing filler, such as Juvederm Ultra Plus XC or even Voluma XC would be my first choice. Often, besides the obvious improvement in the cheek itself, there is immediate secondary improvement in the lower lid region directly above, owing to the renewed mechanical support from the reinflated area.

Afterward, attention can be directed to the tear troughs and dark circles themselves, if still needed. For this purpose, I would opt for a combination of Belotero Balance (which has little or no tendency to causing the unwanted, bluish Tyndall Effect that can be seen when other hyaluronic acid products are injected superficially within this delicate region) and a tiny amount of Radiesse, a whitish-colored filler that can help to mitigate the darkness of the circles. Restylane, usually diluted, could be used in place of Belotero, but, for the reasons noted above, would not be my first choice.

A sophisticated approach to rejuvenating this area requires more than one filler in more than one area and would certainly require more than one syringe. Consultation with an experienced injector with experience with all available fillers and volumizers is critical for obtaining the desired results.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

How many syringes of Restylane do I need

+1
In general 1-2 syringes are usually needed for the under eye area. However, since you are also mentioned your upper cheek area, you may have more volume loss than that, and so 1-2 syringes may not be enough. Or Restylane may not even be the best solution, and Voluma might be better. Consult a board-certified injector in your area for an in-person exam to help ascertain your situation and make recommendations for you.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD