Can I have surgery to release skin adhesion to underlying structure of the face after facelift? (Photo)

2 .5 months post op. have internal scars (hematoma on my cheeks which was milked 14 times).now i have hard and soft lumps . the skin on my whole cheek area seems to be stuck to the underlying structures. looks lumpy if i smile.A dr told me at the 6 month mark may have to open flap and separate the skin mechanically. What is this surgery called? Could it stay forever attached to the underlying tissue (i do massage, ultrasound and kenalog)? also the soft lumps are not diminishing. could be fat?

Skin adhesions after a facelift

It is possible to have some skin irregularities after a facelift.  Most of these lumps and skin lines disappear without a trace within 6 month of the procedure.  On those extremely rare occasions when some irregularities persist, fat grafting might be a good alternative to additional surgery.  Ask you surgeon about his opinion on fat grafting at your 6 month follow up visit.