Can stitches left inside after a scar revision on the neck affect healing?

I had scar revision surgery on neck dissection scar 6 months ago. There are white spots on one side and a hole where a stitch was in the center of my neck. Yesterday, puss came out of the hole. Six stitches were left inside the incision area and popped out 1-3 months after surgery. The stitches weren't dissolvable. Neither the doctor nor his nurse would answer my question. The doctor suggested laser resurfacing.

Scar removal in Los Angeles

+1
There are different types of sutures; some of which can stay within the tissue, and others that naturally absorb.  It is not uncommon for a retained suture to be rejected and/or cause inflammation and scarring. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS