Am I a candidate for sliding genioplasty to make my chin advanced forward and shortened?

Hello, so I've been self conscious about my chin and jaw for quite some time! My chin could be described as "weak" since it goes somewhat backwards, plus I think it's too long vertically. And my whole jaw from a front view is just, unpleasant. What I'd like to know is is there a way I can get my chin advanced forward AND shortened vertically length wise? I want a V shaped jaw terribly! Thank you in advance for answering. Also does anyone know why my left side face looks better then my right?

Sliding Genioplasty for V-Line Jaw Reshaping

+2
A sliding genioplasty can bring your chin forward as well as shorten it vertically. Most likely this will create more of a V-shape to your jawline from the front view.

Chin surgery

+2
Yes, a sliding genioplasty will shorten and advance the chin and change the contours. Your facial pattern of growth is such that a steeper slope to the jawline develops which does lead to a more narrow face and a 'longer chin'. The Left is usually wider and stronger that the Right side on most persons - natural look

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon