What settings for ultrasound on the face for facelift hematoma scarring?

i went to three specific places one used three mhz, one 1.2 another 0.6. i don't know what is right. my hematoma was drained the day of facelift (6 wks ago) for almost 15 days. developed scar tissue on my cheeks as a result. my face is distorted bc of scar tissue and cant smile properly. i am desperate so i am trying unltrasound and massage...

Facelift hematoma and scarring

+2
Facelift hematoma and scarring
Hematoma after a facelift is a known complication. If properly treated, the final result of a facelift should be the same. On occasion some temporary induration (firmness of tissues) can occure at the site. It usually resolves on it’s own after 2-3 months. On occasion mechanical massaging, ultrasound or judicious injections of Kenalog are indicated. Make sure you keep all the follow up appointments with your surgeon, as he will do his best to assure proper healing of your facelift.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Facelift scars

+2
How far out are you post-op??  If you have some firm areas, deep ultrasound such as Ulthera may help.  A palomar 1540nm laser can also be very effective to help to soften scars, and make them less visible.  Look around to see if you can find someone who offers both of these modalities.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Properly treated hematoma after the facelift should yield no excess scarring.

+1
I personally don't think there is a role for ultrasound in a healing wound. Delivering electromagnetic energy which is converted to heat would have no benefit is nearly as I can determine.

Ultrasound for scar tissue

+1
I would allow the physical therapist to determine the right settings for your problem. Also you should make sure it is ok with your surgeon before you try anything on your own. Your surgeon may have a preferred therapist in mind.

Ronald Schuster, MD