Is It Possible to Have a Revision Rhinoplasty to Break Down the Bone and Restore the Size of a Previously Augmented Nose?

I underwent a rhinoplasty surgery a year ago for a deviated septum where the surgeon increased the nasal bridge height by performing an osteotomy which served to also lengthen my nose. I thought a straighter nose would have an improved cosmetic appearance. The outcome is not at all what I wanted or hoped for. The bigger nose now interferes with upper lip function for smiling and speaking.

Is Revision Rhinopasty Possible

+1

Over the past 35 years I've rarely seen a patient who could not have a revision rhinoplasty. I need to see pictures so I  can make recommendations and establish reasonable goals for you.

Revision rhinoplasty question

+1

Dear Pepper123,

1. If the bigger nose interferes with upper lip function, it could be that a graft was placed in the columella limiting the smile
  2. I would seek out a revision rhinoplasty expert because these cases can be even more complex than the original surgery

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
  • It is almost always possible to revise a nose , however, it is a more complicated procedure than the first time around and will require an experienced surgeon who does quite a number if them. Be sure to bring the operative note with you to the consultation so the surgeon can review what was done.  

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

+1

Many thanks for the question. I wish you posted some pictures. I find it impossible to help you without any images. Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to render an opinion or even suggest a treatment without physical examination or at least reviewing some of your facial pictures. However, based on your descriptions you may had a columellar strut graft that is possibly changing your lip to nose ratio.  It would be better that you post photo of your nose for evaluation. You may be qualified for a revision rhinoplasty.

Kevin Sadati, DO