I have 2 yrs old scar after surgery. I wonder if there are any methods/procedures to remove it or make it less visible? (photo)

Thank you.

Doctor Answers (2)

Scar improvement

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This is a spread scar. Serial excision of a section with plastics closure may improve the outcome. I recommend the serial approach based on the length of the scar and to achieve the shortest resultant scar. 

New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Scar improvement

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Laser scar revision can help blend the scar and make it less noticeable. Scar excision can remove the scar and it can be re-sutured. The latter method comes with more risk and the scar can still look very similar to the original method. If you go the laser route, I would recommend you see a dermatologist with advanced training in lasers. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.