Would you recommend revisions for my Tummy Tuck / Donut Lift? (photo)

I had a TT 3 months (lost 100lbs in my teens). While I am happy with the TT, I feel that I look fine naked, but hen I am wearing clothes, the loose skin on my sides is incredibly noticeable. Is this something my doctor should revise for free or are the flanks really a different procedure? Also, the chest scaring is still wide and red (allegedly from ingrown hairs) & nipples still too large and low -- my doctor already said he will revise this, so how can I prevent ingrown hairs on the scar line?

Scar management around areolas

+1
Best way to treat your scars and minimize the chance for hair causing problems is with laser treatment. We use the Sciton Laser for this in our office which takes the red out of the scars with permanent hair reduction.

Revision of tummy tuck and areola reduction

+1
These procedures frequently need revisions.  Laser , or some sort of hair removal can help around the areolas.  You need a more extensive procedure for the flanks than just a tummy tuck

Weight loss

+1
After weight loss one cannot always provide a result in one stage. Weight loss occurs all the way around the body and a tummy tuck will not address extra skin in the flanks and buttocks. Truly only a body lift will address these. One cannot perform a body lift (usually) after a tummy tuck and at this stage removal of the extra tissue by extending the scars further round the back may be the best option. At some point at the end of scars there will probably always be a dog ear. I would consider this an additional procedure but probably could be done under local anaesthetic.

The scars on your chest are not unusual from a donut reduction of skin around the areola. Revising the scar and removing more skin can make the scars more stretched and you need at some point to accept the limitations of surgery. Laser, silicone, massage can all help the redness at the edge of the scars.

I would have concerns that your expectations for result on your chest may not be realistic long term. Although I have not seen the preop photos I think you have had a good result from a tummy tuck - accepted that you have excess skin in the flanks that could be improved and a reasonable result from donut excision of skin around the areolas.

Make sure to discuss the pros and cons of further surgery with your PS.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Male nipple/areola position

+1
It does appear that you have  poor  healing around the areola, but the reason is not clear.
Also the size is still slightly large. This type of donut reduction is common and can easily be done in the office, with only a small charge.
Good Luck

Anne Taylor, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon