Is It Normal for Eyes to Not Close Fully 5 Months After Revision Asian Eyelid Surgery? (photo)

Hello, I had revisional Asian double eyelid surgery and slight ptosis correction 5 Months ago. I cannot close my eyes fully and this lead to horrible dry eyes (eyes watering 24/7. Pain, redness) surgeon says it will resolve after scarring softens. He sounds very confident they will close fine and I won't need another operation. Is he correct? Thank you

Inability to close eyes after Asian eyelid surgery

+1

Thanks for your question. In my opinion it is 

not Normal to not close your eyes after 5

months, specially if you have dryness and pain in your exposed eye.  Sometimes the pyrosis correction is too tight and needs to be released right away, not wait a year or your eye will get worse from exposure.  I highly recommend a second opinion.  In the meantime you can use Lacrilube ointment to your eyes at night before sleeping to keep it lubricated.  Good luck to you.

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Asian eyelid surgery and eyes closing fully

+1

Thanks for your question. at 5 months after surgery, most patients should have the ability to close their eyes. However as your surgeon has probably counseled you on, it can sometimes take a full year to heal from eyelid surgery and most other plastic surgery on the face. since you are still worried, it's not a bad idea to ask your surgeon about possibly consulting with another surgeon to garner a 2nd opinion.  That never hurts.

Sachin Parikh MD 

Sachin S. Parikh, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon