Is It Normal for Eyes to Not Close Fully 5 Months After Revision Asian Eyelid Surgery? (photo)

Hello, I had revisional Asian double eyelid surgery and slight ptosis correction 5 Months ago. I cannot close my eyes fully and this lead to horrible dry eyes (eyes watering 24/7. Pain, redness) surgeon says it will resolve after scarring softens. He sounds very confident they will close fine and I won't need another operation. Is he correct? Thank you

Inability to close eyes after Asian eyelid surgery

+1

Thanks for your question. In my opinion it is 

not Normal to not close your eyes after 5

months, specially if you have dryness and pain in your exposed eye.  Sometimes the pyrosis correction is too tight and needs to be released right away, not wait a year or your eye will get worse from exposure.  I highly recommend a second opinion.  In the meantime you can use Lacrilube ointment to your eyes at night before sleeping to keep it lubricated.  Good luck to you.

Web reference: Http://www.drlacerna.com

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Asian eyelid surgery and eyes closing fully

+1

Thanks for your question. at 5 months after surgery, most patients should have the ability to close their eyes. However as your surgeon has probably counseled you on, it can sometimes take a full year to heal from eyelid surgery and most other plastic surgery on the face. since you are still worried, it's not a bad idea to ask your surgeon about possibly consulting with another surgeon to garner a 2nd opinion.  That never hurts.

Sachin Parikh MD 

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon