I have mild ptosis due to weight loss. Will breast augmentation correct the mild ptosis?

I am 20 years old and I have mild ptosis due to weight loss. I am currently a 34 D. I am looking to increase volume to my breast. Will breast augmentation correct the mild ptosis?

Breast implants will not correct nipple ptosis

+1
If you have glandular ptosis, that is the breast gland is below your inframammary crease but your nipple areola is above the crease then a dual plane breast augmentation alone without a breast lift should give you a nice result.

However if your nipple areola is below the inframammary crease, the fold under your breast, then a lift will be necessary for the best breast augmentation result.

For more information on breast augmentation with breast lift please read the following link:

Breast augmentation for mild ptosis

+1
Thank you for an excellent question. Breast augmentation can be used in mild cases of ptosis. In some cases of first degree ptosis, Where the ptosis is primarily from some volume loss, breast augmentation can provide some help. In these cases, restoration of the volume with an implant can provide a lifting effect. There are some considerations that must be taken in planning this type of procedure, such as implant position and plane. 
For most cases of breast ptosis, a lift is a better option. Use of an oversized implant in an attempt to avoid a lift  can have long-term consequences. This would include recurrent sag and bottoming out. The scars from a breast lift can be a better alternative in many cases. 
Of course the best way to tell the options for your chest would be to visit with a plastic surgeon. They would be able to go through the degree of ptosis that you have and give an informed recommendation.
Best of luck with your breasts.
Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

+1
It really depends on how much ptosis you have.  Submuscular breast implants will increase the size and upper fullness of your breasts.  This is often accompanied by a modest lift of the breasts forward and upward. Your plastic surgeon should be able to help you anticipate approximately how much lift to expect with your desired degree of augmentation.

Richard L. Zeff, MD
Portsmouth Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation, sizing, #cosmeticsurgery #breastcontouring

+1
Dear tc2

Thank you for your question!  An implant can help with breast shaping and lifting.  It is important to note that the areola can increase in size with the implant - so in some cases a slight areolar reduction may be necessary.

With Warm Regards,
Trevor

Trevor M. Born, MD

Ptosis and breast augmentation

+1
It really depends on how mild your ptosis is. Examination will determine whether breast augmentation alone or breast augmentation with a breast lift will help your situation.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast lift with breast augmentation

+1
I think that it is hard to answer this question without a consultation or a photograph even.  I would suggest that mild ptosis (droop) can be corrected with a breast augmentation.  More significant ptosis may require a breast lift (mastopexy).  I think you should see a surgeon near you to get their opinion.
Dr Rodger Shortt

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Ptosis and breast augmentation

+1
Breast implants do not raise the breast to any significant degree. If you have ptosis you may need a lift, best to be seen in person. If it is mild ptosis I will commonly  perform a circumareola lift.

Will breast augmentation correct mild ptosis?

+1
Thank you very much for your question. Ptosis is categorised by the position of your nipple compared to the fold underneath your breast.

If your nipples lie at the level of your fold it is possible that a breast augmentation alone may improve the appearance of your bust and lift your breasts up slightly. However, if from the side your nipples lie below the level of the fold underneath your breast we generally recommend a breast uplift procedure as well as a breast implant.

This is because if the nipples are slightly lower than your fold a breast augmentation will tend to give you a slightly low appearance which in most cases people are not very keen on.

I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck if you decide to go ahead with surgery.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation without a lift

+1
As long as you do not have bad sagging you may be a candidate for a breast augmentation without  a breast lift.  Really need a photo to tell for surgery.  

Will Breast Augmentation Correct Mild Ptosis ?

+1
Yes, is possible to correct a mild breast ptosis using  Periareolar Technique for breast lift and implants placement. The implant will fill your breast upper pole that for sure is empty because of the weight loss.

I usually placed  Sientra breast implants under the muscle to provide more support and a natural look.

The Periareolar Technique Is  advisable due to your  age to have less scarring as possible  in your breasts.

Adolfo Sesto, MD