How Long Does It Take for a BBL to Heal?

I'm planning to get a BBL but I just wanted to know how long would it take for me to get back to my regular activities? Heal as in completely heal.

+1

Thank you for your question, It regularly takes around 3 months for you to see your actual results and heal completely, however you will need special care the first 3 weeks after the surgery, like not sitting on your buttocks, special diets, medication. After those first weeks you can slowly return to work or your regular activities, and we must wait until 3 or 4 months to resume working out or strenuous activities.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Complete healing after BBL

+1

The immediate postoperative healing is about 1-2 weeks. For you to completely resume activities and back to normal is approximately 2 to 3 months. This is obviously highly patient dependent and variable based on the pain threshold, level of activity etc. I find patients like discussing their postoperative outcome with other patients that have undergone similar procedure and this can be arranged after consultation in my offices.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Healing After BBL

+1

Every surgeon has his/her recommendations concerning healing time.  I generally recommend 6-8 weeks of healing time. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1

I allow patients to exercise after 6 weeks.   Complete resolution of swelling may take 6 months to a year.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

You should be healed up well enough by 2 weeks. Complete healing will actually take 6 months. By 3-4 months your swelling should be stable.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon