Laser Skin Tightening Post Rhinoplasty?

I had a primary rhinoplasty 10 years ago (East Indian nose, medium-thick skin). The underlying cartilage framework was probably made slightly smaller. Unfortunately, the nasal skin never fully shrunk to accommodate the new skeleton. As such the nose, at least in some angles, appears to lack a defined shape. Short of going in for a revision and augmenting the nasal cartilage, I am wondering whether using some sort of CO2 fractional laser to tighten the nasal skin would be beneficial.

Skin tightening on the nose doesn't work

+1

It is very unlikely that a laser tightening procedure will help you shrink the skin to a significant degree. The skin can be thinned in a rhinoplasty like procedure but it is risky.

You are better off not doing anything. If you really want to make a difference then I would recommend a revision rhinoplasty.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon