I have eye bags. Is Juvederm for me? (photo)

I have eye bags not due to age because im in my 20's not due to hereditary because it doesnt run in my family. I believe due to stress. Whats are my best options for removal before surgery. Possible juvederm?

#5 causes of dark circles

+3
This seems to be a common question. Unfortunately, dark circles can be a problem at any age. They can be due to any or all of 5 factors:

1. Shadowing from congenital or acquired (via bone and fat resorption as we age) volume deficits
2. Rubbing the eyes, for example, if one has allergic conjunctivitis or atopic or contact dermatitis, which can cause the skin to hyperpigment
3. Thin skin, usually from aging and/or sun exposure, which allows the tiny blood vessels to show through
4. A defective orbital septum, which allows fat to protrude and therefore creates a shadow
5. Excessive stremgth of the medial fibers, nearest the eye, of the periorbital muscle, such that when one smiles, a shadow is created from the bunched-up fibers.

Only an in-person evaluation can determine which factors are operative in your case, but each can be treated successfully. If the first cause is part or all of the problem, Restylane or Beletero (rather than Juvederm) may help. The second and third factors can be treated with topical retinoids and antinflammatories, and addressing any allergies or irritants. The fourth factor is best treated through plastic surgery, although I have seen patients who do not wish to have surgery improve with dermal fillers. The last factor can be mediated with just 2 to 4 units of Botox.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

All the best! Dr. Clark

Have a consultation with a Dr regarding a dermal filler.

+1
Have a consultation with a Dr regarding a dermal filler. Under eye filler may be a good option for you. Although you need to be assessed by an expert injector to understand the option that will give you the best results.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm to address eye bags

+1
While a dermal filler may be appropriate, but consider environmental factors first such as sleep, irritation to the eyes, and allergies. Consult with an experienced and expert injector and surgeon to understand better your options. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Use of Juvederm for Eye Bags

+1
Thank you for your question. Here are some options:

• Get more sleep
  • Eliminate some of the stress in your life
  • See an allergist
  • Consider a dermal filler for the tear trough
To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

HA filler

+1
A hyaluronic acid like Juvederm could help.  I would probably use Belotero there.  You should also consider a lower lid blepharoplasty with a fat tranposition.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for eye bags?

+1
I can not see the photo posted, but fillers will only partially mask the eye bags. If you have herniated fat, perhaps they need to be removed?  Best to be seen in person.

Be careful with tear trough injections.

+1
You are young, so be careful with injection of fillers in the tear trough area.  I think you would have the best outcome with an operation to remove the lower eyelid fat that is noticeable.  You would have a long term solution and avoid looking strange with fillers in the tear trough area.  Also, an operation would be the most cost effective.  The injection of a filler is temporary and, depending on the amount that is injected, you may have to have an injection every 4 to 6 months. 

The operation would involve an incision on the inside of the lower eyelid, so you won't have a scar on the skin of your eyelid. I would advise you to find a plastic surgeon, board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Good luck!

Tae Ho Kim, MD

Lower lids

+1
Alexis10, fillers simply mask this problem but if you wish to avoid surgery they are the only thing that can improve this area. A hylaronic acid filler is fine; note there is a risk of going blind no matter what is used. I prefer a "SOOF lift blepharoplasty". Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rejuvenation of the eyes: Surgery vs. Fillers

+1
I would recommend Restylane, Boletero or Artefill for that area.  Juvederm is a great product, but it is too hydrophilic for the under eye area.  You should do quite well with filler rather than surgery at this point in your life.  For cheek enhancement (which complements  the tear trough area) I favor Voluma, Sculptra or Artefill.

The aging process around the eye comes from two different problems:  1. bulging of the lower eyelid fat, which is best addressed with surgery.   2.  Loss of volume in the cheek and tear trough.

You have just a small amount of bulging fat, so surgery is not the best option for you.  If the bulging aspect of your lower eyelid gets worse with time, it may be an option in the future.  For now, some filler to the tear trough and cheek area will help enhance your eyes with beautiful results and minimal downtime.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon