What most newest and safest implants today? (photos)

I have small breast, I did fat transfer almost 5 months ago, looks better but still look kind of flat with bathing suit, I don't want big breast I want maximum c size, what most newest and safest implants today? Is healing really painful and long ? What will happen if I decide to remove them? How my breast will look?

Sientra shaped cohesive silicone breast implants

+1
Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be an excellent candidate for the new Sientra shaped cohesive silicone gel breast implants. These will give you the most natural look and feel in my opinion. You'll need to be seen in person for an evaluation and undergo Vectra 3-D imaging to simulate your postoperative results.

Choices can be overwhelming without direction

+1
Today’s implants have been through rigorous, and ongoing, safety investigations by the FDA. Your surgeon can assist you in selecting the best implant for your body frame. Healing is not a particularly painful process. If you elect to remove the implants in the future, you may find that the breast tissue you have currently becomes thinner. To make the best decision on an appropriate implant selection, I recommend consultation with a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Brian M. Derby MD on behalf of James C. Grotting MD

James C. Grotting, MD, FACS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

What most newest and safest implants today?

+1
All the present breast implants that are approved by FDA are safe. I prefer the gel implants- they are a more natural looking and feeling product.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Breast augmentation

+1
The implants we have today from the three main US manufacturers are all excellent choices.  If you already had fat injection, the augmentation surgery should not be too bad. Good luck!

Implants after fat grafts

+1
I like the new Sientra silicone implants - after you underwent the fat grafts, implant surgery should be a piece of cake. I use long acting local so you have almost no pain. We could pick a size that would make you the size you want with minimal down time and give you a natural look.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast augmentation

+1
To answer your questions:
1) The height of implant technology today is cohesive gel textured implants.  In your particular case I would recommend shaped and dual plane dissection.  As to size; I try to capture the patient's vision of what they want and augment accordingly.  Always with respect for your anatomy so that the results look natural.

2) Healing is uncomfortable but can be significantly reduced by using Exparel; a long acting numbing agent.

3) Augmentations can be reversed or altered with additional surgery.  Depending on a number of factors it if feasible you will return to your normal anatomy.

i hope this helps.

Robert B. Louton, MD
Altoona Plastic Surgeon

Silicone gel implants generally preferred and their patients.

+1
From the photographs it looks as though you would be best served by silicone gel implant. These are generally placed in a sub glandular position which minimizes the discomfort during convalescence.

Breast implants after fat transfer

+1
Thank you for your breast implant question.
  • Just from the photos and your comments, I would suggest you start by considering either a Sientra round textured implant or shaped textured implant, size between 225 - 325. 
  • These can go over the muscle, there is little pain and recovery is in 3 - 5 days.
  • All implants stretch the skin - if they are removed, you will probably need a small breast lift.
  • But on-line advice is not the last word - you should make your final decision jointly with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon after measurement and discussions of the pros and cons of various implants and trying on different sizes.
  • Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Good questions

+1
Thank you for your question. These are common questions after fat transfer as alone fat transfer can only do so much that is why I usually add a small implant. Highly cohesive (strong and sticky) silicone gel implants I believe are the safest and most natural feeling implants on the market. The companies believe in their products so much that they give a lifetime warranty on the implants. You have excellent pre-operative aesthetics and small natural shaped implant would get you where you want to be. In terms of recovery, the first 3-5 days are sore as if you just did 1000 push ups, the week after that is more like a nuissance. You could be back at work in 5 days and back at the gym in 3 weeks. If in the future you removed them your breast would likely be a bit droopy (will depend on how long you have them and how much weight you gain or lose and also how many children and breast feeding cycles you have)
Hope that helps and I would be happy to see you if you would like to discuss all your options in detail
Have a great day

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC