Can you help me with details regarding my BA? (photo)

I have a BA scheduled in August of this year and I have such little volume in my breasts I was wondering which profile would be recommended for me. I choose Saline as my implant type. I'm hoping for a natural and tasteful look was thinking about 425cc's is my breast tissue to small to have that size of implant look tasteful on me. Please Help!

Breast Implant Size

+2
Based on the pictures alone, it is difficult to give you an accurate answer. It is important to measure the chest wall to determine the maximum implant for your dimensions. It is also important to know your age, height, weight, present weight, maximum weight, children, breastfeeding, bra size, etc. Lastly, it is very important to know your expectations and desires. You say you want a natural and tasteful look. Remember...the larger the implants, the more unnatural the results.

Assuming you have no children and have not had a major weight loss, you will probably be a full C with 350 cc sub-pectoral implants, while a 425 cc sub-pectoral implant may put you in the D cup range. Going from a B to a D is not exactly a natural look. Another way to determine your appropriate size is to put implants in your bra. Although this technique is not perfect, it is one more way to determine the best size implant for you.

Hope this helps!

West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Breast augment issues

+2
I personally think that 425 cc is too large for you and will not produce a natural appearance given your small frame.  I would not exceed 350 cc; only an exam would indicate whether 300 cc would be ample. In terms of silicone v. saline, I will say that silicone under the muscle has the most natural feel but there is enough of a price differential that it has to be the patient's decision.  Moderate profile certainly produces a more natural appearing breast than the moderate/high or high profile implants.  Dialogue about implant size, profile and type is a lengthy and complex process which may take at least two consultations.  You should begin that process now to give you more time to assess the alternatives.  If your plastic surgeon doesn't think that is warranted, then you will have plenty of time to select a new one!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Saline implant and 425 cc bad idea for you!

+2
You have a size B natural appearing breasts and you are a good candidate for breast augmentation. However, you will look too artificial with such large implants. Silicone is a much better choice than saline and a size of 300 will be more than enough. You have to realize that there is a limit to how large of an implant will fit your body and give you an aesthetic natural look.  I would reconsider your choice of doctor because the most important thing is the decision you make with your doctor. If 425 saline implants is what your doctor advised or agreed to doing, that to me is bad advice. You have a high chance of being disappointed in the outcome. Breast augmentation is not easy to do well. Find a board certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion. Good luck!

Tae Ho Kim, MD

Which Profile Implant To Use

+1
Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  Many patients ask about implant profile.  As a practical matter, first you choose an implant size in consultation with your plastic surgeon.  Once you have found a volume that will match your shape and your desires, then your plastic surgeon will match the implant profile to your breast width.  As a general rule the width of your implant should be a bit less wide than the width of your breast skin.

Some patients seem to believe that you choose an implant profile in order to choose your look.  Many seem to think that a high profile implant will project forward much more than other profiles.  That is not the case.  A high profile implant of any one size is generally no more than a quarter of a third of an inch more "projecting" than a moderate plus profile.

A rough guess is that based on your photos, for you to use a 425 cc implant will mean a moderate plus or high profile implant.  But discuss with your surgeon.  Best of luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Can you help me with details regarding my BA?

+1
Sounds like you are right on point. I might use a HP implant type if your case. Best to discuss in detail with your chosen surgeon... 

425 cc breast implant may be too large for you

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  You have very natural attractive breasts and should be a good candidate for breast augmentation.  Please be aware that a one side is a little lower than the other the right side and your picture but the left side on your body.  Of course a physical examination in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is the best way to determine the optimal size for you.  Please choose a plastic surgeon and has a breast implant sizing system available so that you can see the effect of different volumes placed into your bra.  From your photographs only my guess is a 425 cc would make you larger and Fuller then you seem to want based on your question.

You may also do the Rice test at home which is described in the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Selecting your implant size for Breast Augmentation

+1
Choosing your implant size is a very personal decision and needs to be done carefully and methodically. You need to meet with your surgeon and have a detailed discussion (and examination). It is impossible for any of us to guide your implant choice without seeing you. This is why surgeon selection is so important and will minimize the chance that you are unhappy with your results. Call your surgeon and set up another meeting. Also, if you are looking for the most natural look, consider silicon gels. Yes, they cost more but the improved results are worth it in my experience.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Will 425cc implants be too big for me?

+1
Hi. There are many choices to make with breast augmenation, most of which have advantages and disadvantages.

In terms of whether 425cc is too big for you depends on what profile implants you have and what look you are trying to achieve. Part of this depends on the width of your breast. Make sure your plastic surgeon shows you photos of similar size people with the same implant. The size of the implant depends on what size you want to be after the operation, and if you chose an implant larger than your current breast there is a greater likelihood you will be able to see and feel the implants.It comes down to what shape/look you want from the operation.

Try to find someone with a Vectra 3D imaging machine in your area to simulate your breast augmenation result (see the link below) - in a recent article (Oct 2013) of Plastic& Reconstructive Surgery Journal (Plast. Reconstr. Surg.132: 810, 2013.), the main Plastic Surgery Journal worldwide, the 3D imaging VECTRA machine was found to be beneficial for patients considering breast augmentation surgery.

The article concluded that patients prefer a center that offers three-dimensional imaging technology; they feel that the simulation is very accurate and helps them greatly in choosing the implant; and that if they could go back in time, they would choose the same implant again.

All the best with your decision. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon