Giant nose 13 months after rhinoplasty. Is there a chance that is will get much smaller?

I had a rhinoplasty over a year ago for a slightly deviated septum and the young surgeon added many spreader grafts columellar strut graft and manipulated the nasal bones so I now have a much larger open nose. It is more projected off of face and wider and longer as my eyes look more set back. It's also more difficult to lift my upper lip as was before. Is there a chance it will get much smaller at this point? Can revision restore nose to being back to smaller tip and to be less long and open?

Giant nose 13 months after rhinoplasty - is there a chance it will get much smaller?

+1

It can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result of surgery. Every patient is different, and depending on the details of the surgery, swelling may last longer in some patients. Swelling may be influenced by the following: Whether the procedure was a revision, whether the procedure was open or closed, whether tip work was performed, and the thickness of the patient's skin. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

+1

At 13 months, you probably need to find a surgeon to evaluate you for a revision. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA