Is It Possible for Revision Rhino to Reduce Size/Length of Nose or Will Another Surgery Only Make Things Worse?

I underwent a rhinoplasty a year ago to correct deviated septum. I always liked my nose but thought a straighter nose may be a cosmetic improvement and fully regret it now. The surgeon performed an osteotomy and reset the bone in a straighter position. However, the dorsum was left too high and nose is now too big and long for my face. It looks like a raised upside down mushroom with tip pointed down when speaking. I also have moderately thick skin.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question based on the photographs. I would recommend consulting with a surgeon who is experienced in revision rhinoplasty for an opinion. It will probably be helpful to take a copy of your operative report as well as your pre-operative photographs with you to give your surgeon an idea of what changes have already been made. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to tell from your photos, but I understand your concerns. It is best to go for a consultation in person so that a good exam and a review of your concerns can be discussed.  Good luck.

Contemplating Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Revision rhinoplasty is a complex operation and your concern is understandable. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who can perform computer imaging to help you determine if surgery is an option. Good Luck.

Web reference: http://sandiegoface.com/rhinoplasty/

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon