Eyes Won't Close 5 Weeks After Revisional Asian Double Eyelid Surgery?

I received revisional Asian double eyelid surgery and slight ptosis correction about 5 weeks and 3 days ago. My eyes cannot close all the way (about 3 mm of scleral show) when I gently shut my eyes and I cannot blink fully. My blink is just a slight flutter and does not go down more than halfway down the eyeball. This is causing me very dry eyes that are painful and they water all the time. I am putting in drops and ointment. Will my eyes close with time?

Asian double eyelid surgery

Hello, thank you for your question.  In my opinion, lagophthalmos (inability to close the eyes fully) with 3 mm of scleral show 5 weeks after a blepharoplasty and ptosis repair is not normal.  After a ptosis repair, sometimes the levator muscle repair is too tight, causing the lagophthalmos.  I recommend that you follow up with your surgeon and that a revision for the ptosis repair may be needed (the permanent sutures placed on the muscle needs to be redone).  In the meantime, I recommend applying an eye lubricant like lacrilube to prevent drying out of the cornea.  Take care and good luck!