Extra Skins After Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I'm 37days PO. I still have swellings in the morning but I'm loving my results when i stand up straight. I understand that all people have excess skin while sitting and we need the elasticity so we can stand up. But mine don't look like extra skins its a roll i can grab when I slightly bent over. Is this all due to swellings or loose skin already? Will it go away and my skin is going to tighten back up?I have not gain any weight since after surgery but on the contrary i've lost 3-4lbs.

Flat stomach after tummy tuck.

+2

Hi.

You have a good result which maybe should be left alone.  But it looks like more skin can be removed from you lower abdomen.

Skin Excision with Tummy Tuck

+2

We would need more information to completely answer your question.  From your post op picture it looks like you have a vertical scar between your incision and your belly button.  Is this from your original belly button?  If so, then I would need more details about your procedure and why all the skin between your belly button and your pubic region was not removed.  In the majority of cases, all of this skin can be removed.  However, every patient is different and you do appear to have a naturally high belly button.  At 37 days pos-op you should still expect some swelling, so hang in there.  If you still have some fullness after 6 months or so, you may consider liposuction of the flap to improve the contour.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Redundant skin after tummy tuck

+1
If you didn't have that extra skin, you would not be able to bend over. Such is human anatomy. I think you have an entirely fine result here.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Extra Skins After Tummy Tuck

+1

I am  looking at a nice outcome about a month after surgery. No question that when you are sitting or bending the skin will buckle. If you looked tight while sitting you would not be able to stand. 

The goal is to have an attractive abdomen, and I think you are there. 

Thanks for your question, and best wishes.