Hematoma and scarring at the site of drained hematoma. it seems as it is liquifing in some areas?
Doctor Answers (6)
Hematoma after face lift
- The blood in a hematoma is irritating,
- The areas of a hematoma tend to form hard, thick scar,
- there is probably no liquid in them - but thick healing protein,
- careful, dilute steroid injections may help,
- Time will help a lot, it may take 6 - 12 months for these to resolve, Best wishes.
Massage and time usually corrects scarring from hematoma after facelift
Lumps and bumps after Facelift
You might also like...
The Dreaded Hematoma
A hematoma should be treated aggressively initially. This is typical by exploration of the site and complete removal of the blood and identification of the source of bleeding. You may have to let the areas soften over many months and then reevaluate any need for revision.
Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS
I agree with other doctors comments. Hematomas take a long time to resolve
Properly drained hematoma after the facelift should not require steroids or ultrasonic treatment
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.