Could I Have Damaged my 5 Day Post Op Rhinoplasty by Holding a Kleenex to my Runny Nose for 45 Min?

I was at my sons class and held Kleenex at nostrils because it started to run. When I got home my nose skin was on fire and the tip felt way more swollen. Now a few days later my nose seems slightly uneven where I held the tissue. I had closed septo/rhino and tip work. No bones were broken so had no splint or cast. I know this might sound silly, but I really want to know if my tissue holding could have damaged my results.

+1

Holding a tissue to your nose should not cause any damage.  Follow up with your surgeon for any concerns.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Unlikely that you caused and permanent injury to your nose

+1

It is very unlikely that you caused and permanent injury to your nose.   Most likely this just some normal swelling.  

Rhinoplasty and kleenex

+1

I doubt that the kleenex was the cuase of any issues, but if you have redness or inflammation it is best to see your surgeon to make sure everything is ok.