Do butt implants drop like breast implants do? (photo)

Hello I am 10 days post op (buttock implants) I have 310CC Im ok with the size BUT is it just swelling if so will my butt become smaller after Im fully healed?? Also the butt implants sit very high (which I dont like) I have no fullness at the bottom will the implants drop like breast implants??

Buttock implants

+2
Buttock implants may drop little if subfascial but not likely if intramuscular.  Yes, you are most likely swollen and as the swelling subsides, the buttocks will appear a bit smaller.

Buttock Implant Positioning

+2
Unlike breast implants, butt implants will not drop if they are placed in an intramuscular pocket. There may be some slight change in position with subfascial placement since the pockets are less 'rigid'. When getting buttock implants it is important that patients understand where the implant is being placed and where the resultant buttock enlargement will take place. (upper half of the buttock and not the lower half of the buttocks)

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Do butt implants drop like breast implants do?

+1
  Butt implants may be higher due to spasm and swelling in the postoperative period.

DO BUTTOCK IMPLANTS DROP AFTER SURGERY

+1
Indeed buttock, like breast, implants tend to ride high after surgery because the tissue swelling and snugness of the fresh pocket hold them up.  As these two things resolve, the implants will gradually drop into position and take on a more natural relaxed shape.  Be advised that this process could take up to 6+ months so remain patient. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD