I'm Having BBL Surgery on May 7. Should I Keep Working out Until Surgery? (photo)

I tend to lose weight/gain pretty quickly, but my threshold for this loss/gain is about 20 pounds. I am 5'2 and 137 lbs. Most of my weight is around my abdomen and back (but I'm a pro at sucking in my gut). My legs are long (about 3/4 of my height), lean and muscular but my belly has been with me my whole life. I'm happy w/ my current weight, but weight train to keep lean. Should I ramp up or slow down my workouts pre-surgery? After surgery, when can I begin working out again? Will I have to?

I'm Having BBL Surgery on May 7. Should I Keep Working out Until Surgery?

+2

You will get a very nice result.  The answer to this depends upon how aggressively the liposuction is performed and your goals for the size of your new buttocks.  I typically liposuction 5 liters, and I transfer 1200 cc to 1500 cc or more to each buttock.  If this type of surgery is done for you, I would stop at your current state.  If you want a more conservative result, you could probably lose more.  Ask your surgeon for advice as he or she will know how the operation is to be performed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA