Is Axillary Breast Tissue Useful? and What Works Best Sizing W/ Asymmetry? (photo)

Is there any possible use for the axillary breast tissue if removed could it be placed in a breast which never fully developed? Almost 20yrs ago I had a BA with saline for asymmetry with one breast having 30-40 cc & the other being undeveloped with nothing really. How does it work when you are fixing asymmetry with one who has very little breast tissue when as the size of the implant increases so does the circumference? I have CC on the zero breast.

Improving Breast Asymmetry after Complications after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the interesting question and pictures.

No, the axillary tissue will not be “useful” when it comes to increasing breast size. I think that the best way to improve your breast symmetry is with the use of breast implants,  probably of different sizes/ profiles. It is also possible that a different surgical techniques, such as breast lifting on your left side  and/or pocket manipulation on the right side ( especially if encapsulated) will help significantly improve your breast symmetry.  Of course accurate advice would require in-person consultation…

Key to success will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. Ask to the see lots of examples of his/her work and communicate your goals carefully. In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures very helpful during this communication process.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to improving breast symmetry, helpful to you.

Axillary breast tissue

+1

If you truly have axillary breast tissue then the best way to treat it is by direct excison. Liposuction does not usually work well for this tissue.

Breast Asymmetry

+1

The axillary breast tissue, can be treated with liposuction. based on the picture posted, the anterior axillary bulge you have is very common and can be treated with liposuction. Your breast asymmetry needs a full examination. You seem to be very close to symmetry, except that you have deflation of the implant. After examination one can decide if you need a lift on the left side. The other decision is whether to change both implants.

Is Axillary Breast Tissue Useful? and What Works Best Sizing W/ Asymmetry?

+1

Although you may have had little or not breast tissue 20 years ago, that is clearly not the case today. Usually the saline implants deflate completely, leaving mayb 20 cc of shell volume. All the rest is breast tissue on the deflated side. If nothing is to be done to the other breast, an implant of appropriate size will be chosen (trying on implants on that side will be helpful in choosing the right volume. The width of the implant can be chosen among the four "profiles" of implants to most closely match the other side. If the other implant is to be changed, more options are open.

Thanks, best wishes.