9 days post-op from open rhinoplasty. Am I developing a pollybeak deformity? (photos)

I am 9 days post-op and I am worried that I am developing a pollybeak deformity. I had open primary rhinoplasty (bridge augmentation with tip plasty using septal/ear and donor rib cartilage). I've uploaded a photo and would greatly appreciate any input.

Pollybeak

+1
Swelling post rhinoplasty is expected and common. It is too early to tell if pollybeak deformity or supratip swelling is occurring. True pollybeak deformity is caused by swelling, scar tissue or excess cartilage or bone in the supratip area.

Stuart Plastic Surgeon

9 days post-op from open rhinoplasty. Am I developing a pollybeak deformity?

+1
   9 days is just too early to make a determination about the final result.

Polybeak

+1
It is SUPER common to have this appearance early on after the procedure. And, it can take many months to settle down finally...especially after an open approach and with grafts. You will need to be patient and simply see how it looks in the 12-18 month range. I suspect this will change for the better, but no one has a crystal ball.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD