5-days post-op, my stomach looks almost exactly as it did before lipo. Did PS not take enough? (Photo)

23 years old & 118lbs pre-surgery. I had lipo done on my abs, flanks & hips. I am 8 days post-op & am becoming nervous about my results. The hips have come down noticeably and I am confident that after swelling, they will look pretty flat. However, comparing the before & after pictures of my abdomen, I am concerned. I know that I am very swollen, but the roundness is pretty jarring. It looks just as large as it did before. I can't imagine that even after swelling, it will come down enough... Thoughts?

Patience and Compression

+3

You should be wearing compression garments 24/7 and starting lymphatic massages several times per week as soon as you can tolerate the treatments.  It is way, way too early to make any determinations about the ultimate result of your surgery.  Overall, it appears as if you will have an excellent result, you just have to be patient and allow the swelling to resolve and your skin to tighten.  Hang in there...

A little early

+2
It is normal to be underwhelmed at one week out. I would be more concerned about the burns on your skin? Anyways, be patient and wear compression garments

Joshua B. Hyman, MD

Swelling Post liposuction

+2
Liposuction removes fatty tissue and your body replaces the fat with fluid (swelling). Consult your surgeon and be patient.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results

+1
  • You have marked improvement in the front view after your liposuction.
  • The lower abdomen is very swollen. This can happen. But have your surgeon check you.
  • Massage 5 days after surgery hurts. Ask your surgeon when to start.
  • At 6 weeks. compare a photo then to the photo now. You will probably see the improvement.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

5-days post-op, my stomach looks almost exactly as it did before lipo. Did PS not take enough?

+1

Very hard to advise but in most cases you DO see a better difference by 5 days. I would recommend aggressive lymphatic massages and time to see if the area improves... If after ...1 month you still look swollen than consider not enough was removed

Liposuction

+1
There is always a substantial amount of swelling that is seen after liposuction. I would continue to follow your surgeon's instructions. If they gave you a compression garment I would definitely wear it all the time.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon