I'm 140, 2 months post op and I just found out my Dr. only removed 1 liter from back/flanks. Question is why would he leave fat?

I had liposuction on my abdomen, back/flanks. Since then I have seen no results, not even a microscopic improvement. Prior to the procedure I thoroughly researched, my Dr. is board certified, highly qualified and works for an equally reputable institution (where I also work). Recently I began to think that my lack of results were an indication that he may have been too conservative with my lipo. I'm really dumbfounded as to why he would leave so much fat behind. I look exactly the same.

Liposuction is complete when there is no fat coming out of the cannula.

+1
Generally the surgeon suctioned in area till there is no more fat coming out. It's really not a judgment call as to when to stop liposuction. One should ask your own plastic surgeon this question.

Unhappy with liposuction result

+1
Before/after photos are needed to have any opinion.
It may be that this was the amount that needed to be removed - and that you are swollen and your result will emerge in time. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction Results, Disappointment

+1
My suggestion without seeing and before and after photos is to discuss this with your physician.  There is nothing wrong with being conservative.  Also 1L is a normal amount for someone not very large to begin.  If its only 2 months from your surgery, you will need to wait 3-6 months for the final results.  Otherwise, get a second opinion from someone more experienced who specalizies in this. We would gladly see your for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction

+1
Without seeing preop and post-op photos it is tough to say, but remember not all fat can be removed, and you are still healing.