I Want Silicone Implants Without a Lift, is my Ptosis Bad Enough to Not Recommend Implants Without a Lift? (photo)

I'm 5'1 Weight 127 lbs

Breast Enhancement

+1
This is a tough case to be honest, I think it will be hard to dramatically improve the shape of your breasts with implants alone you will have to think long and hard about what your real goals are

Breasts with Ptosis Need a Lift

+1

Hello Pamela, After reviewing your breast photographs and reading your question, I believe that you will obtain the  optimal result with a breast augmentation and a lift. Your areola are wide and give the illusion that your breasts are lower than they really are. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you and help you select the best style silicone implant and the appropriate lifting technique (Donut vs. Peri-areolar). 

Richard Wellington Swift, MD

Surgery

+1

You have some ptosis and your areola are relatively wide. The aesthetic result will be improved with a lift and a reduction of the size of the aeola. The implants will have added cosmetic benefit as well as an increase in volume

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Lift with or without implants

+1

Though you don't "need" a lift, to optimize your result you should probably have one. Though an in-person exam is more ideal, your picture show you to have a fairly significant ptosis. With that in mind, implants alone will bit be able to lift your enough, unless you use very large implants. You would likely best be served within augmentation and modest lift, either just around the nipple or lollipop style. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Lift or augmentation

+1

Hello. It is hard to determine from pictures alone but it most likely depends on the look you are going for. If you would like very perky breasts with a full upper pole I would definitely recommend a lift. If you are going for a more natural look then you might be happy with the result you would get from an augmentation alone. I would recommend a consultation to decide the best choice for you.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Ptosis and implants

+1

Implants will not correct your ptosis.  If you just want implants then you have to be prepared to accept some ptosis or undergo a lift.

Minimal scar breast lift needed together with implants when you have sagging.

+1

Hi.

1) You will not have a good result with implants alone.

2)  I assume you are concerned with the scar.  You just need a circular scar around your nipple (which will also make your areolas smaller, which you need). This scar fades.

3)  I'll tell you one thing for sure. If a woman loves the perky shape of her new breasts, she will forget about the scars.  If she does not like the shape, she will be unhappy even if there are no scars.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Do I need a beast lift, or just breast augmentation (photos)?

+1

It is likely you do not need breast lift, but appear to have high inframammary creases that should be lowered to drop the implants so they are centralized behind nipples.  May (or may not) want to reduce areolar diameter and tighten skin envelope a bit for best result.

Steve Laverson, MD

Sagging breast will need a lift

+1

Thank you for your question and for providing the photos.  In my opinion you need a lift.  Your nipple areola complex is very low on the breast with no white skin below the areola.  In addition to elevating the nipple areola complex, you also need the breast tissue itself repositioned higher.  Depending on your goal for breast size, you may or may not need an implant.  Remember, breast implants add weight to the breast and work against the lift.  Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Breast Implants and Lift

+1

I think almost all plastic surgeons would recommend a breast lift with the breast implants from the photos presented.  However, I may feel different after an exam, discussion of implant size, and determination of goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA