I'm 5'1 Weight 127 lbs
I Want Silicone Implants Without a Lift, is my Ptosis Bad Enough to Not Recommend Implants Without a Lift? (photo)
Doctor Answers (31)
Implants with no lift
These three things are considered to help give you the extra lift you require to make your breasts “perkier” without mastopexy:
1) During your breast augmentation, the breast implants will be placed directly under the breast tissue and above the chest wall muscle (in the sub-mammary position).
2) The best breast implants to use for a perkier result contain silicone gel that is more cohesive, such as the Allergan Inspira Truform 2 (formerly known as Soft-Touch gel). These implants are slightly firmer to maintain their shape better, but still retain their natural feel.
3) The shape of your breast implants should have more, rather than less, projection. Breast implants with a smaller base width will make your breasts project more forward from your chest wall and body, creating a more prominent contour. “Profile” is a synonym for projection, therefore look for high profile implants.
Generally speaking, larger breast implants can also help give a better lift, sometimes raising the position of the nipple by one or two centimetres.
Please see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to find out whether you are a suitable candidate. Best of luck.
Breasts with Ptosis Need a Lift
Hello Pamela, After reviewing your breast photographs and reading your question, I believe that you will obtain the optimal result with a breast augmentation and a lift. Your areola are wide and give the illusion that your breasts are lower than they really are. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you and help you select the best style silicone implant and the appropriate lifting technique (Donut vs. Peri-areolar).
You might also like...
You have some ptosis and your areola are relatively wide. The aesthetic result will be improved with a lift and a reduction of the size of the aeola. The implants will have added cosmetic benefit as well as an increase in volume
Breast Lift with or without implants
Though you don't "need" a lift, to optimize your result you should probably have one. Though an in-person exam is more ideal, your picture show you to have a fairly significant ptosis. With that in mind, implants alone will bit be able to lift your enough, unless you use very large implants. You would likely best be served within augmentation and modest lift, either just around the nipple or lollipop style.
Lift or augmentation
Hello. It is hard to determine from pictures alone but it most likely depends on the look you are going for. If you would like very perky breasts with a full upper pole I would definitely recommend a lift. If you are going for a more natural look then you might be happy with the result you would get from an augmentation alone. I would recommend a consultation to decide the best choice for you.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa
Ptosis and implants
Implants will not correct your ptosis. If you just want implants then you have to be prepared to accept some ptosis or undergo a lift.
Minimal scar breast lift needed together with implants when you have sagging.
1) You will not have a good result with implants alone.
2) I assume you are concerned with the scar. You just need a circular scar around your nipple (which will also make your areolas smaller, which you need). This scar fades.
3) I'll tell you one thing for sure. If a woman loves the perky shape of her new breasts, she will forget about the scars. If she does not like the shape, she will be unhappy even if there are no scars.
Do I need a beast lift, or just breast augmentation (photos)?
It is likely you do not need breast lift, but appear to have high inframammary creases that should be lowered to drop the implants so they are centralized behind nipples. May (or may not) want to reduce areolar diameter and tighten skin envelope a bit for best result.
Sagging breast will need a lift
Thank you for your question and for providing the photos. In my opinion you need a lift. Your nipple areola complex is very low on the breast with no white skin below the areola. In addition to elevating the nipple areola complex, you also need the breast tissue itself repositioned higher. Depending on your goal for breast size, you may or may not need an implant. Remember, breast implants add weight to the breast and work against the lift. Hope this helps.
Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.