I'm 5'9", 190 lbs, pretty active but my weigh always fluctuates. Am I a Good Candidate for Smart Lipo?

Hello, I'm 5'9", 190 lbs, pretty active but my weigh always flucates (190 is my heaviest) I'm looking to have smart lipo done on my abdomen, waist, love handle, and lower back. My main problem is my lower back... I have a weird "shelf" in the middle of my back. I would like a nice curvy back, can that be achieved with smart lipo? Thank you in advance!

Good Candidate for Smart Lipo?

+1

Thank you for your question. Smart liposuction or Laser Liposuction are minimally invasive procedures that breaks down fat cells for easier fat removal. You will need an assessment and consult to evaluate your candidacy. It is imperative that you adhere to a healthy lifestyle with a good diet and exercise prior to considering liposuction and for lasting changes following your procedure.  I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Who is a good Candidate for Liposuction?

+1

Any type of liposuction - Smart Lipo, Vaser Lipo, etc. - can remove excess fat deposits and help contour one's waist, love handles, and back.  But remember, liposuction is an adjunct to, not a substitution for, good diet and exercise.  Liposuction cannot remove or change the position of the pelvic bones or muscles.  

To determine if your expectations are in line with what can be achieved with liposuction seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who performs not only liposuction but also tummy tucks and body lifts.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo can improve just about any shape when used appropriately!

+1

I perform an average of 12 SmartLipo cases each week, and I have not found a  shape that this procedure did not enhance if applied appropriately.  If the "shelf" you describe is a fatty pocket, that can be sufficiently removed.  Fat augmentation to the buttock along with fat removal from the lower back is a great combination to acquire that "curvy" back side that you desire. The results can be amazing!

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction for your lower back

+1

As my colleagues have said, it is impossible to give you a true answer without seeing pictures. The "weird shelf" on you lower back is likely a deep fat pocket. Liposuction would be a good option to treat this area as well as the other areas that may be bothering you.  Smart Lipo, or any other brand of laser liposuction, is a good way to melt the fat. Keep in mind, that the liquified fat still has to be removed because it cannot be left inside. Another way to really give that curvey back is to use the removed fat and augment the buttock. I perform several of these procedures per week and my patients have been amazed at how it can give a beautiful curve to the entire torso. This may be something to consider. Again, without seeing you in person, these ideas may not apply to you.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Curvy Back after Liposuction

+1

Liposuction can definitely improve back contours in the manner you would like performed.  The key is suction out enough volume to produce that result, whether smart lipo, conventional lipo, or ultrasonic lipo.

Smart Lipo

+1

Smart Lipo can be a great technique for contouring stubborn areas of fat.  A "shelf" of fat on the back can be improved immensely with liposuction.  A lot depends on your skin quality, age, the absence of stretch marks and weight distribution.  Contouring the entire trunk area (around the waist) can help create a more curvy feminine look.

Michelle Spring, MD

Candidate for Smart Lipo

+1

Without seeing pictures or examining you in person, it is difficult to give you specific advice.  However, with the height and weight you describe, it is likely best that you concentrate on weight loss first, reach your target goal and then consider liposuction to help treated trouble areas.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Mid section

+1

You need to get control of your weight first Laser lipo is a contouring procedure not a massive fat removal process. I have learned the hard way that overweight patients and especially those that eat excessively after the procedure do not do well

David A. Bray, Sr., MD