What Are my Options to Get a More Defined Jaw Line? (photo)

I am 36 and I don't think I have a lot of sagging due to aging but my face has always had a bit too much skin at the lower cheeks that form folds when smiling and make my jaw line blurry. I think a neck/chin lip will address some of the skin/fat hanging under my chin but I don't think it improve the jaw line much. Is it too early to consider a neck lift?

Improving Jawline

+2

Hi,

If you are looking to improve your jawline, consider jaw augmentation surgery.This will fill out your lateral jawline. See link below.

DrS

Web reference: http://www.jawaugmentationnewyork.com

What Are my Options to Get a More Defined Jaw Line?

+2

At 36 years old you are a good candidate for neck liposuction alone. This involves three very small incisions placed under your chin and behind each earlobe. This can typically tighten the area under the chin and sculpt the jawline resulting in significant improvement in both the jaw and neckline. You are too young to even consider an invasive procedure such as a necklift and liposuction alone should give you the results that you seek. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-liposuction/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Defined jawline

+1

Hi casablanca.  I agree with Dr. Weber.  You are too young for an invasive procedure such as a necklift.  A little liposuction of this area will help.  You can also combine this with a series of skin tyte procedures to help tighten and tone your jawline.  In addition, your have some volume loss in your cheek so a filler would help in the cheek with help with excess skin around your jawline.  Most important, seek evaluation with an experienced board certified facial plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon