Why is my Nose So Much Wider 11 Months Post Op - Will Injections Make It Narrow? (photo)

I am due for my 7th injection (kenalog) in december. I told my surgeon I think my nose is wider than pre op - My surgeon said I still have to breathe and kinda laughed My nose still looks swollen and when I touch it, it does feel a little sensitive. He said He will revise is the swelling does not go down but that's for another year so I will be 2 years post op if I get a revision. Please take a look at my pictures before and after op. Post op is at 11 months. Thank you

Nose wider after rhinoplasty?

+1

Thanks for the photos, but they are magnified differently.  As for possibilities for greater width, it could be from flattenign the dorsum or even swelling. Give it mroe time.

After rhinoplasty nose is wider.

+1

The reason for this is the bridge was taken down too much. You need to have this revised with cartilage grafting from your septum or ear and this can be done now--no need to wait. This should be done by a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Why is my Nose So Much Wider 11 Months Post Op - Will Injections Make It Narrow?

+1

Hi,

It looks like your dorsum or bridge was lowered quite a bit. This can drop or de-project your tip and therefore flare your nostrils.I doubt kenelog will help at this time.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Ethnic Rhinoplasty Healing

+1

Looking at the photos provided, you obviously have a more ethnic nose. This includes what appears to be thicker skin overlying the nasal framework. This is simply going to take more time for things to shrink wrap down so they appear less swollen. The fact that you are feeling some degree of residual sensitivity when you touch your nose indicates it is still healing from surgery. I know it seems like a long time at 11 months post rhinoplasty (and 7 seroid injections), but this is fairly normal when dealing with ethnic noses. Have faith in your chosen rhinoplasty surgeon. You seem to be going in the right direction.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon