Why is my Breast Lift Scar Like This? Will It Heal? Am I Having a Fluid Build Up?

I noticed that under my breast the stitching is thick, purple, and rope like. Is this bad surgical skill? I am now wondering what kind of scar I will end up with. Under my right breast I am feeling a semi-hard bubble. I sent a picture to my PS he says he sees nothing? I feel and see a bubble? I know it wasn't there before. I'm thinking it is a fluid build up. Please help, I am having so many troubles after a combined breast and arm lift. Thank you.

Breast lift scar

+2

With a lollipop only or vertical breast lift, there can be some bunching underneath the breast that smoothes with time but can look unsightly at first.  The feeling of fluid is concerning and you should be examined to make sure that you don't have a fluid collection.  If you do, it should be drained.

Vertical Lift and Scar Concerns

+1

Surgeons who perform vertical lifts sometimes must bunch the skin at the bottom to make up for some length.  This will smooth to some extent over time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD  Los Angeles, CA

Ropey purple scar after breast lift

+1

It looks like you had surgery not very long ago? Breast lift was through lollipop incision? If so, it's not unusual to have a temporary, funny scar appearance - this may take several months to resolve. You should definitely ask your surgeon why the area looks this way and whether this is expected - you should see your surgeon in person.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Concerns about Scars after Breast Lifting Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have had after the procedures performed. However, as you can imagine, your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you meaningfully. Given that you seem to have had surgery relatively recently, it is very likely that the areas of irregularity will smoothen out with time. Sometimes, it is amazing how well the body will contour these types of areas over the longer term.

Again, I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon,  in person would be better than sending pictures only.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedures performed.

Vertical breast procedure

+1

It looks like from your photo that you had a vertical type of breast procedure. You will have to wait and see how things heal first.  You may eventually need a revision.

Wound Apperance after Breast Lift

+1

Dear Janatmovies !

Some more information would help. How long after surgery are you what type of breast lift you had, Type of implants, do you have a fever, drainage, pain and so on. From the second picture it appears as if there is some abnormal healing process. It could be an infection, skin necrosis(death of the tissue), seroma formation, hypertrophy scaring etc. It is hard to access just from the pictures but it should be addressed by your surgeon as soon as possible. 

Good luck!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Why is my Breast Lift Scar Like This?

+1

It appears that you have had a vertical (lollipop) breast lift. It would be useful to know how long ago this was--from the photo it appears to be recent.

It looks to me that to reduce the skin excess, your surgeon wound up having to cross the breast fold in order to get the incision closed, and when that occurs it is quite common for there to be some distortion and  unusual looking "gathers" in the closure. 

My expectation is that this will heal uneventfully, that the appearance will improve significantly as it heals. If any irregularities do persist after, say, 3 months, it would be quite simple to improve the scar with a minor touch up procedure.

Thanks for your question and for the attached photos. All the best. 

Why does my breast lift scar look like this?

+1

From the picture, it's hard to see what is really going on.  It looks like you might have some early hypertrophy of the scar but it would help to know how far out from surgery you really are.  As for fluid underneath the incision, it doesn't look like there is.  Are you having any drainage?

My suggestion would be to have your Plastic Surgeon take a look at this and see if it is healing properly.  In many cases, the early appearance of scars may not look optimal but, over time, they gradually improve.  There are also several ways in which to guide the healing of these scars and so you may want to look at one.  

I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon