My Breast Are Different from One Another. Will It Correct Itself After the Swelling is Gone Down? (photo)

Will I Need a Correction? My right breast is bigger and drops further than my left. Can this be caused by swelling? I got a breast lift with 460cc implants. Is this normal? After a few months once my breast is healed will they be the same size? Will I need a correction, and if so should I get one now or wait 6 months? I enclosed photos of before and after.

My Breast Are Different from One Another. Will It Correct Itself After the Swelling is Gone Down?

+1

Either you or your surgeon did not take into account the left breast was larger than you right pre operatively or there could her a swelling/hematoma in the left breast?? Adifferent sized implant could have been used to correct any size differential but was not. To me yiou will need a revision. 

+1

Your right breast is significantly larger and definitely has a problem that should be addressed. It could be a seroma or hematoma or worse. See your PS soon as he will know what to do for this. This will not just go away and is not normal. 

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Breast Swelling/Asymmetries

+1

Hi and thank you for your question.

You have a fairly significant size asymmetry. I would recommend you make an appointment with your surgeon to discuss.

Best of luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

Breast Asymmetry After Surgery

+1

Without more details, such as how long after surgery you are, it is difficult to answer your question.  However, it general, in the absence of any sign of infection or other urgent issue, it is usually best to want several months for the swelling to resolve and the tissues to setting before considering revision surgery.  Especially if the same size implants were placed and similar procedures were performed on both breasts, the likelihood is that you have swelling or fluid which may resolve on its own.  If not, then after several months, then revision surgery would be the next option to discuss with your surgeon.  However, in most cases, this would not be necessary.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Mastopexy with implants and swelling/asymmetry

+1

Hi....You do not indicate how long you are from your operation and this makes answering a little more difficult.  You had asymmetry beforehand and you have some now but in the first several months, there are many changes that take place.  If there is a difference in the breast appearance, then your ps will discuss your options.   If you are in the first several weeks, then you just need time to let the breasts settle.  Stay close to your ps and express your concerns.  If there is a revision suggested, then you can work that out together so you both know what the guidelines would be for any revision if needed. 

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry After Implants and Mastopexy

+1

Your right breast is more than "swollen". You probably have a fluid collection around the implant that may or may not resolve itself spontaneously. Many times a large collection, especially if it's blood, will drain through the incisions. As long as it is not draining, not red or hot, it worth while to try and wait it out for 6 months to see if it resolves. Your left breast looks great.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast issues after surgery

+1

From your preop photos, the left breast looks bigger but in the post-op the right breast is signficantly larger.  Is it from different size implants or is it swelling or even fluid?  Best to be seen by your surgeon.