New York Lipoma Removal Doctor Recommendations

Help! I have a large lipoma on my back. I don't have insurance. I would like to know how much it costs and where I can find a doctor. I'm in upstate NY only an hour from the city.

Finding A Surgeon?

+1

Check with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and/or  and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for appropriate training and credentials.  Then, make sure you see lots of examples of the surgeons work in pictures.

Lipoma removal starting at $750

+1

I remove small lipomata in my Joint Commission accredited operating room regularly.  Fees start at $750 and are dependent upon the size of the lipoma and whether it is over or under the muscle.  "Large" is a personal opinion, in the absence of a specific diameter.  Some lipomas require sedation and operation in an out-patient facility which, of course, would significantly increase the cost of removal and the length of the scar.  That's why I recommend that patients not put off surgery indefinitely.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

In my office cost of lipoma removal starts at $750

+1

It depends upon who does it and in what environment. I do some small ones in the office under straight local. They start at $750. I am a plastic surgeon.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon