Lift + Small Implants, or Lift Only? (photo)

i'm 39 years old, 5'9", 145 lbs., with a slender, athletic build. i had a breast reduction at 22 (36DDD down to a full 36C). i'm currently a very saggy, deflated 36C-34D. i'm not looking to increase my size, but would rather like to increase the volume - especially upper pole, but without looking too un-natural. would a lift + 200cc silicone moderates do the trick, or just a lift? i'm slightly afraid just a lift will leave me too small, but implants might make me too big. help! (and thanks!) :)

Lift with implants

+2

It looks like you have glandular ptosis and need a lift with an implant. As for the volume of implant it depends upon several factors and measurements performed during an examination.

Lift Plus Small Implants

+2

You appear to be a candidate for a lift, and small implants.  I believe this will give you the look you desire.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options, and try on sizers in the office.

Revision of a breast reduction for perkier breasts

+2

If you are happy with your breast size then a revision of your breast reduction using the breast tissue that is below the crease to rebuild the central and superior poles would be an option.  If you want to be a bit larger then an implant would be appropriate. 

Breast Lift with Implants

+2

Few breast lifts provide any sustained upper pole fullness. For that reason, small implants with your breast lift will produce the best long term breast shape.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Lift + small implants

+2

Your upper poles are deflated and it is unlikely that a lift only will address this issue.  From your photos, it looks like you would benefit from a small implant (to give you upper pole fullness) in addition to a lift.  I don't think that a 200cc implant will leave you looking large or "done."

Breast lift with implants is the best option to improve upper pole fullness

+1
Since you have had a previous reduction, a revision breast lift should be easier to revise.  The addition of a small implant as you mentioned in the 200 cc range would also help give you upper pole fullness.  Please consult a plastic surgeon for a sizing evaluation before making your decision.

Web reference: http://www.bostonplasticsurgeryspecialists.com/services/breast-surgery/breast-lift/

Lift + Small Implants, or Lift Only?

+1

Dear Snowdrop,

Thank you for your question and photos.  I recommend a lift with implants.  You desire some fullness in the upper pole of the breast, and you will not achieve this with a lift alone.  As to size, for the smallest amount of volume, go with a moderate profile implant, but the cc's should be determined by your base diameter, rather than just picking cc's. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift increase projection and may eliminate the need for implants

+1

If you are size 36 C or 34 D and do no want to increase your size then you are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection.  The added projection allows patients to avoid implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Operation And Implants for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your pictures and stated goals, I think you will do best with breast lifting along with breast augmentation surgery. This combination surgery will not necessarily make you much bigger, but will help maintain the upper pole fullness that many women appreciate.

Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup”  or "too big" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Lift + Small Implants, or Lift Only?

+1

Recommending between the two really would require an in person exam and some give and take about your precise goals. If the size is OK I would favor avoiding implants. If the lift alone can't filll the upper pole enough, some fat grafting may be a better choice to accompany the lift. 

All the best.