Lift + Small Implants, or Lift Only? (photo)

i'm 39 years old, 5'9", 145 lbs., with a slender, athletic build. i had a breast reduction at 22 (36DDD down to a full 36C). i'm currently a very saggy, deflated 36C-34D. i'm not looking to increase my size, but would rather like to increase the volume - especially upper pole, but without looking too un-natural. would a lift + 200cc silicone moderates do the trick, or just a lift? i'm slightly afraid just a lift will leave me too small, but implants might make me too big. help! (and thanks!) :)

Lift with implants

It looks like you have glandular ptosis and need a lift with an implant. As for the volume of implant it depends upon several factors and measurements performed during an examination.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Lift Plus Small Implants

You appear to be a candidate for a lift, and small implants.  I believe this will give you the look you desire.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options, and try on sizers in the office.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

980 Johnson Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30342

Revision of a breast reduction for perkier breasts

If you are happy with your breast size then a revision of your breast reduction using the breast tissue that is below the crease to rebuild the central and superior poles would be an option.  If you want to be a bit larger then an implant would be appropriate. 

3096 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Duluth, GA 30097

Breast Lift with Implants

Few breast lifts provide any sustained upper pole fullness. For that reason, small implants with your breast lift will produce the best long term breast shape.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Indiana University Health North Hospital
Carmel, IN 46032

Lift + small implants

Your upper poles are deflated and it is unlikely that a lift only will address this issue.  From your photos, it looks like you would benefit from a small implant (to give you upper pole fullness) in addition to a lift.  I don't think that a 200cc implant will leave you looking large or "done."

Elizabeth Kim, MD

250 N. Robertson Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Lift and small implants

A lift may be enough to achieve what you're looking for, depending on how much fullness you want in the upper pole. If you want a lot, like the padded pushup bra you're wearing, then high profile small implants might work.

Michael Constantin Gartner, DO
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

3 Winslow Place
Paramus, NJ 07652

Thank you for your question .

Based on your photos  I believe you are a great candidate for a Breast Lift with Augmentation this will give you the look you desire.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD

51 SW 42nd Ave
Miami, FL 33134

Breast Lift with Implant for Breast Fullness

It’s not unusual for patients who undergo breast reduction surgery to develop recurrent breast sag and loss of upper breast fullness. This problem has the potential to adversely impact self -esteem and self- image. For this reason, many patients request revisional surgery to correct these deformities.

In most cases an isolated breast lift will correct the breast sag that has developed over the course of time. Unfortunately, this probably won’t correct the lack of upper breast fullness. In most cases a small breast implant performed in combination with a breast lift, will give the best long term results.

If you’re concerned about this type of problem, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to formulate an appropriate treatment plan. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

8900 West Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68114

Breast lift with implants is the best option to improve upper pole fullness

Since you have had a previous reduction, a revision breast lift should be easier to revise.  The addition of a small implant as you mentioned in the 200 cc range would also help give you upper pole fullness.  Please consult a plastic surgeon for a sizing evaluation before making your decision.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Lift + Small Implants, or Lift Only?

Dear Snowdrop,

Thank you for your question and photos.  I recommend a lift with implants.  You desire some fullness in the upper pole of the breast, and you will not achieve this with a lift alone.  As to size, for the smallest amount of volume, go with a moderate profile implant, but the cc's should be determined by your base diameter, rather than just picking cc's. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

8900 Raintree
Scottsdale, AZ 85260